I need to Fatten up my Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snap wrote:
Rolled oats and crimped barley. That's what the FFA buns are put on.

Carrots, I think. I just heard you're not supposed to give them lots of carrots because it's fattening for them. It may have been wrong, though.

And leave food out at all times, in an easily accessible place. Very accessible. Older rabbits can become arthritic, and not want to move as much which could be decreasing food intake.
She does have a bit of Arthrtis but she is also 12 years old. And lossing the use of back end fast. Some days are better than others. If you met this bunny you would know she is skinny. The problem with leaving food out and letting her eat when she wants is she tends get a bit of bad poops.
Dont think she should have carrots and they are high in sugar. She can't eat to many greens as they also give her bad poops.
With her contion as it is. I need to keep all the nutrients in her.

Hi guys i have 2 gaint flemish males about 1yr old and 1 female about 15 weeks old and i was wondering what to feed them in order to fatten them up. The males are 3.3kg and 3.5kg and the female is 2.7kg. I feel that they are all under weight so could you please help me fatten them up

Can you post photos of each of your rabbits? What makes you think they are underweight?

The 15 week old is obviously still growing and will be for many months yet. What is their daily diet?

Latest posts

Back