I need Help ASAP! FAST!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arpooch

Reaction score
I need help really fast! I just don't know what is wrong and what to do! Does anyone know what this is? There is rumbling noises coming from my rabbits stomach. Her stool, instead of firm and round, is soft. She looks like she doesn't feel well because she is just sitting there with her head down in her litterbox. She is also breathing fast. Kind of like sharp intakes of breath. Her breaths look like there is something squrming in her stomach. I really appreciate your advise and please get back to me soon! Thanks!

What is wrong with my bunny???

-Arpooch

Could be gas. Try some baby gas meds. If you feel that it is an emergency try an emergency clinic in your area that takes rabbits.

What kind of food do you give your rabbit? Were they any recent changes in food?

The first thing I would try is some gas meds (simethicone) and pain killer (aspirin or ibuprofen). You can find the correct dosages here:
http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/rx/drugcalc.html

Also try to get her to drink some water. If she is still acting the same--head down, breathing in that way--about 10-20 min after you give the meds, it's an emergency vet visit situation.

Back