I Need Hay Bin Ideas..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonyshuman wrote:
I use an NIC grid that I zip-tied to the main cage. I tie the bottom of it tightly to the cage, and the top of it is several inches out from the cage, so that there's space between the grid I've added and the cage. Hay goes in that space.
LOL. Thats what I just did! I just got done. LOL. :biggrin2:

Today I was wandering through Bed ath and Beyond and saw this:

100_2640.jpg

I took it home, and turned it into this:

100_2638.jpg

It's not quite as wide as my old hay bin, but holds more than twice as much hay; it's very tall. The spaces are oriented up and down, and they are wide enough for my bunnies to get to the hay.
I tested it out on Nick and Amelia, and they have been able to eat from it easily, so tomorrow I will go back and get two more, for the other bunnies.

undergunfire wrote:
I LOVE that, Beth! How much did it cost, if you don't mind sharing?
The sticker price was $12.99. Pretty expensive compared to the Ikea baskets that have been shown in earlier in this thread, I think. Since I don't have Ikea here, though, I'm stuck with it. In the few hours I've had it, it has worked really well, so I'm willing to pay the price to get a couple more of them.
I used a 20% off coupon, so it was less than the sticker price for me.

BethM wrote:
undergunfire wrote:
The sticker price was $12.99. Pretty expensive compared to the Ikea baskets that have been shown in earlier in this thread, I think. Since I don't have Ikea here, though, I'm stuck with it. In the few hours I've had it, it has worked really well, so I'm willing to pay the price to get a couple more of them.

Not bad for something that works!!

We don't have a Bed, Bath, & Beyond in my area, though....bleh!

I use the same hay rack as Beth, purchased from Home Depot. I actually learned about the idea from the rabbit rescue I volunteer with, since it's what they use. I also use it for my Guinea Pigs. I tried using a bent grid before but didn't care for it that much. One thing about using the racks from Home Depot, my pigs and Dunkin like to push it off the bars with their noses, so I use one zip tie to keep them in place.

BethM wrote:
Today I was wandering through Bed ath and Beyond and saw this:

100_2640.jpg

I took it home, and turned it into this:

100_2638.jpg

It's not quite as wide as my old hay bin, but holds more than twice as much hay; it's very tall. The spaces are oriented up and down, and they are wide enough for my bunnies to get to the hay.
I tested it out on Nick and Amelia, and they have been able to eat from it easily, so tomorrow I will go back and get two more, for the other bunnies.
I like that!! I may have to go get one for Daisy & Rascal. The other basket I bought isn't working. Their sitting in it, which I don't want. Thanks! :)

One down the road from me.

undergunfire wrote:
BethM wrote:
undergunfire wrote:
The sticker price was $12.99.  Pretty expensive compared to the Ikea baskets that have been shown in earlier in this thread, I think.  Since I don't have Ikea here, though, I'm stuck with it.  In the few hours I've had it, it has worked really well, so I'm willing to pay the price to get a couple more of them.

Not bad for something that works!!

We don't have a Bed, Bath, & Beyond in my area, though....bleh!

It looks like target has one too: link

I got a "lid holder" from bed bath and beyond that seems to be working fine, though it doesn't hold as much as the magazine or trash bag holders.

Alicia....shhhh!!! You are making me want to move to CT, now! My area in NY has stores...but 45 minutes to Albany is where everything good is, LOL.

I picked up two more of these after work this afternoon. I'm not sure if it will work for Benjamin, though, as he doesn't like "stale" hay. So I'm going to give it a couple days and see how it goes.

(If he only eats half of his hay overnight, in the morning I will push the leftover hay to the other side of the hay bin, then put fresh hay in. When I get home later, he will have eaten the fresh hay but left the old stuff. I will then take out the old stuff, fill with all new hay, and he'll eat it all up. LOL! May have to go back to the small bin for him, we'll see.)

Latest posts

Back