I need advice! (urgent)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mummel

Reaction score
Like some know I recently moved from Germany to the Statesand left my bunnys behind with the intentions to fly them over here once our financial situation is stable.My husband decided to leave the military even though it would be hard because another 15 mon. deployment is the last thing we want.

And we are gettingsettled but my husband wont start with the Police department before summer and until then he will just work wherever he can. So basically we depend on my job right now to survive.

My days are almost 13 hours long and I was glad that my family in Germany took care of the bunnys. But after a half year 5 bunnnys are getting a little much for them since the only place they can house them is my sisters room.

So the bunnys have to go somewhere ( no I dont want them in a shelter :(). I dont even know how to accomplish keeping my beloved bunnys. My husband doesnt want them here until we move to a bigger place (approx. summer-fall) and on top of that I dont have enough money to fly all 5 of them here. The prices raised. I had 400 euros saved up and my husband is against the thought to pay with any of my salary...:(

One crazy, last, desperate thought came to my head.

Some of my bunnys are really rare colors and breeds, some not even available in the States yet or only by import. Maybe it would be possible to offer them for responsible breeding?

Im unsure about this. I dont want my bunnys to be harmed but I think a healthy female could be pregnant once or twice without problems right?

Can you tell me what you think about my idea?

Thank you for any help/ ideas you may provide!:)

Emi

What part of Germany are they in? I have friends in Erdmannhausen that *may* be able to help out.

Mummel,

I have my rabbits listed on http://www.bunspace.com and someone on there made a posting to me about his rabbits. He said one of his rabbits is from the rescue I adopted from, but he said his other one flew to California from Munich to San Fransisco.

I'll see if I can get any contact details for you, but maybe that person would benefit you as you work on flying youors out.

If any of your does are above the recommended "first breeding" age for their first breeding (and I'm pretty sure they are) - I would not recommend this.

I'm sorry - I know how much you love them and want them with you. But if you were to allow even a responsible breeder to breed them - you could be putting their health at risk or causing them unnecessary pain. I don't think a responsible breeder would really be willing to breed them because of this.

I wish I could be of more help.

Peg

P.S. If they're in the dwarf size breed of rabbits - I would do the first breeding before they're a year old - prefereably around 9 months at the latest.....

Hi,

Wasnt able to check back right away. I dont have internet available other than at work and yeah..rarely get the chance to be all by myself.

Oh, I didnt know they are too old for breeding? :(

Thought the first couple of years are fine. Well I dont want them to get sick because of becoming pregnant.

I guess I have to either get to some of the money somehow or say goodbye to most of my bunnies.:?

-Leaf

My bunnies are near Frankfurt am Main. Where is Erdmannshausen exactly? What Provence? Flying would work its just really expensive..

Thank you I will check out the link :)

It seems like the bunnies will fly in spring..maybe march. At least my family was able to hold them for a while.

My husband keeps saying its abnormal to be this attached to a bunch of bunnys and that he was hoping I forget about them eventually.

If I would at least know a good home for them in Germany where I can keep contact with to know they are doing fine. But my only option there would be a shelter right now.

Mummel wrote:
My husband keeps saying its abnormal to be this attached to a bunch of bunnys and that he was hoping I forget about them eventually.

Maybe you should have left him in Germany instead :p

I can't really offer any advice or help, just wanted to say that I really hope everything works out.

Would you be able to fly in a pair? That would probably alleviate the task of having 5 to look after a bit. Are any of them bonded? Maybe your family can work on that and see if they can put any together (if they are spayed and neutered) so that the buns wouldn't be as lonely and also would reduce the work load some? :rose:

LOL at Katies comment :biggrin2:

You must be so worried. I would check out Leaf's ideas & suggestions... and hmm... there must be someway to fly them here. Do you know anyone else in Germany that could watch all of them for you, or some of them so that your family doesn't feel overloaded?

I wouldn't reccomend bringing them here for breeding, although I know your intention is simply to get them here... But I don't think it's a good idea, for the reasons already stated and it's just dangerous. MsBinky's idea is good too - do you think you could fly in a pair, and then work on the others? Or fly in a trio? I'd hate for you to have to seperate with your buns.

I think that I will fly in a pair soon- Thats a good idea.Emily and Mia are bonded. I was hoping they could fly with Angel but Angel still does not want to be with any other bunny. She freaks out and gets very aggressive :( Thats also why I am debating whether it makes sense to keep Angel. I love that crazy orange bunny but she cant be alone forever and I cant afford to get her spayed right now which may calm her down.

Think it will be a whole lot easier if my family only watches Moses &Salem (+- Angel?)

My husband..yeah..no comment. I understand his concerns but at the same time I wish he understood what my bunnies mean to me. I have had bunnies since I was 6 and am so used to them making my life comfortable. Theres nothing better than a lazy day at home with bunnies running around the house :)

Back