I NEED ADVICE HELP PLZ =(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitlover04

Reaction score
Hello! I am so very sorry that I haven'tposted any new topics lately in the forum, but it has been awhile sinceI have been on here. There has been a lot going on! If you remember, Iam a 14 year old gurl in 9th grade, named katie. I was on here about 2weeks ago and was posting all the topics I could, justtryingto learn as much as I could about rabbits so that I could get one at mymoms house but she was not convinced! Well, now my dad has told me thathe is moving to my aunt house now that his house is sold! My aunt ownsa farm with horses, cats, dogs,etc. Well she has a barn full of rabbitsthat she either shows in the rabbit shows or eats them if they are nogood.I know it is cruel and I would never do that but she does

=( so anyways, I was thinkingabout asking my dad and aunt about getting a pet rabbit and keepin itin the barn with a cage but i dunno how well taken care of rabbits arewhen they are left outside in a little barn with cages of rabbitsstacked on top of eachother. I mean, the rabbit will have it's own cageand I will make sure it is fed and well taken care of, but I reallydon't know about it being outside in the cold in a barn with otherrabbits. And I will only be there twice a week because I live with mymom normally but I go to my dads Tuesdays and Fridays, so I would haveto ask my aunt to feed it but that shouldn't be a problem since she isa professional at that. ButI guess the thing that is reallybothering me is that it would beoutside in a barn, and itwould be lonely with my aunt and dad at work all day and I know thatthey need a lot of attention and love and stuff. I think I would feelto bad not spending enough time with it. Therefore, the question I amasking everyone on this forum.....is whether or not I should do this ornot or if I should just try my hardest to wait until I am 18 to get arabbit and then it can be in the house with lots of food andtreats and toys and attention. But, I am going to college as soon as Ican, probably right after I turn 18, and you can't have rabbits there.I could move in with my dad if I wanted to, but it would change my lifea lot. I would have to go to his work everyday after skool instead ofgoing home to my moms house and having fun. He would have to drive me15 min. away to skool everyday, and I won't be able to do gurlie thingsand have gurlie talks with my mom, except for twice a week. I justdunno if I could make that sacrafice! I am so confused!=(

I really want a rabbit, but I do not wanna risk the safeness,health, and happiness of my new rabbit, just because I wanted to have apet. That would not be the right thing to do! So please, Please.Please, respond to this forum if you have an answer to my post. Thankyou so much everyone! You have made all my rabbit needs so mucheasier. =) I just hope you can help me with thisone! Goodbye for now.....Hope to hear from ya soon! Bye!=)

First, I absolutelywould never recommend you move to another home for the sake of having apet. That is a life change far to drastic to get a rabbit.

Second, I admire the fact that you arethinking things through and not acting first and thinking second. Youare right that if you wait until later and then can't have the rabbitin college, you will be right back in square one again.

Has your Mom budged at all in the matter?I'm not so sure I feel that seeing a bunny twice a week is what you arelooking for, but I also don't see any reason to believe that it wouldbe in any danger. If your Aunt is a responsible breeder and is takingcare of the rest of the rabbits as she should be and they are happy andhealthy, I would think your rabbit would be just fine. It wouldn't be a"house" bunny. But I don't know if that's what you would haveaccomplished with your Mom to begin with.

Like I said in the beginning, don't even consider moving for a pet.

RaspberrySwirl

I am not sure why you won't be able to have abunny when you go to college. You don't have to live in a dorm, you canrent an apartment with 2 roommates and keep the bunny in your room.

I agree with what Raspberry said,don'tmove for the sake of a pet. Think about how your mom would feel if youdid that.

Also, if you do get a bunny, and you go away to school, what then? You're right, you can't have a rabbit in a dorm room.

It is nice that you are thinking this through, but maybe you should wait until you can have a rabbit the way you want to.

Latest posts

Back