I must be out of my mind

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slavetoabunny

Reaction score
Yesterday was not a good day. The shelter called and asked us to take 4 rabbits - 2 singles and a bonded pair. Guess who got talked into taking the 2 singles? Yep, just call me a sucker. I'm up to 6 rabbits now. The 2 new ones are going to be temporary until we can line up foster homes for them, hopefully very quickly. I'm picking them up tomorrow.

I know the feeling. Last summer I had my rabbits and four fosters in a one bedroom condo. The new guys shared a corner of my bedroom. The smell was pretty bad since the new buns did not know how to use a litter box. They were quiet at night at least. Charlie found another foster home within a couple of weeks. He is still in that home. The three girls all stayed with me. Marti and Claire were adopted and Gracie was a keeper.

Sometimes we all make little sacrifices but in the end it is worth it.

Well, I've got the pens all set up in our guest room for the new bunnies, complete with litterboxes and toys. They are all ready for Sweetie Pie and Flash to come home tomorrow.

paul2641 wrote:
Can't wait for pictures, What breeds are they?

Here are their shelter pictures:

Flash:

IMAG020.JPG

Sweetie Pie:

IMAG018.JPG

Sweetie Pie's picture doesn't do her justice. She has the most beautiful blue eyes. I'll get better pictures once they are here.

Yeah, they landed with a big sucker. I hope to have them in permanent foster within two weeks, but I'm not kicking them out if this doesn't happen. I'll just need to do some tap dancing with the hubby!

slavetoabunny wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Can't wait for pictures, What breeds are they?

Here are their shelter pictures:

Flash:

IMAG020.JPG

Sweetie Pie:

IMAG018.JPG

Sweetie Pie's picture doesn't do her justice. She has the most beautiful blue eyes. I'll get better pictures once they are here.
If only I could float across the ocean.

Are they there yet? Are they there yet? Are they there yet? I want to see lots of pictures.

What a great thing you do for all those homeless bunnies.

Three cheers to you.

Susan :)

Welcome to the "can't resist" club.
know what you are talking about. My son just got 3 more rabbits with one more coming in a couple of weeks.
He is in heaven with his bunnies. When he was down to just one he was just not happy. Now he has these 3 to spoil rotten.:biggrin2:

SOOOSKA wrote:
Are they there yet? Are they there yet? Are they there yet? I want to see lots of pictures.

What a great thing you do for all those homeless bunnies.

Three cheers to you.

Susan :)
They just arrived. I to drive two rabbits over to Ocala this morning and then go back to the shelter to pick up these two. Sweetie Pie has been renamed Willa. I will post some pictures as soon as I get back from the nail salon.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I will post some pictures as soon as I get back from the nail salon.
You're going to trim the bunnies nails? :p :biggrin2:

LOL! I'm going to let them settle in a bit before I do anything traumatic. I haven't checked Flash, but I actually trimmed Willa's nails when I had her at Petco 2 weeks ago. I promise pictures by tomorrow.

The shelter is going to neuter Flash for us, and his surgery is scheduled for Thursday. I have to call he vet in the morning to schedule Willa for a spay. Hopefully, they can get her in this week.

They seem to be settling in very nicely. Hubby said that shortly after I left for the nail salon he heard a lot of noise from the guest room. He went back and looked and they were both tossing toys around their pens.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Pet_Bunny wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I will post some pictures as soon as I get back from the nail salon.
You're going to trim the bunnies nails? :p :biggrin2:

LOL! I'm going to let them settle in a bit before I do anything traumatic. I haven't checked Flash, but I actually trimmed Willa's nails when I had her at Petco 2 weeks ago. I promise pictures by tomorrow.

The shelter is going to neuter Flash for us, and his surgery is scheduled for Thursday. I have to call he vet in the morning to schedule Willa for a spay. Hopefully, they can get her in this week.

They seem to be settling in very nicely. Hubby said that shortly after I left for the nail salon he heard a lot of noise from the guest room. He went back and looked and they were both tossing toys around their pens.
Well there cute and there also cheeky devils lucky you!

As promised, here are photos of the new kids on the block. The white bunny is Willa and the black and white is Flash:

IMG_1849-1.jpg

IMG_1851-1.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

Flash is not pleased with me at the moment. I clipped his horribly long nails. Willa will be going in for her spay tomorrow. They've both had a few run times and are very good bunnies, although Willa has a little work to do on her potty habits. Hopefully her spay will help with that.

Back