I might be allergic to Lulu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_LuLu

Reaction score
I haven't posted in several weeks because i'mfinally able to answer all of my own bunny questions, but this has beengoing on for about 2 weeks. I have been breaking out in awful hivesthat can't be controlled by medicine or anything so far. I'm going toan allergist today (finally, it takes a long time to get anappointment) but the doctors I have seen so far think I am allergic toLulu. I was in the hospital last night and had to use my epi pen(ouch!) before I left because my lips get extremely swollen and mythroat was closing. But the point of this post is, what if I amallergic to Lu. I've been up ALL night thinking/ crying about it, and Ihave no idea what is going to happen. I'm praying constantly that it isnot her. I love her so much and I swear she is what gets me througheverything (school.. boyfriend being in the usmc.. everything). Willthey be able to put me on something? I could live with a few hivesrandomly, but not with the throat/lip swelling. Has anyone ever heardof anyone having a reaction like this because of a bunny?

I'm allergic to my buns, too, but not like that! Poor you! :(

I know that my parents used to have dogs, which I'm allergic to, and Ijust had to go to the allergist and gets shots once a week, it suckedbut I could play with my puppies. Hopefully something like that willwork for you if it is, in fact, little Lulu!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Jules, Pepsi, and Ozzy

(editedbecauseI can't type)

Hopefully it is not your bun that you are allergic too :(

Jules is right, they can do shots for animal allergies and stuff, sotry to find out about those, also find out about any medications etcthat might help.

Did this start happening as soon as you got your bun?

If it didn't, and it is your bun, maybe it's at certain times of year, like when she moults or something.

It must be very scary for you to have to be dealing with this. I reallyhope that you can get it sorted and find out how to prevent thereaction.

My boyfriend used to be very allergic to mybun. When we first got oscar my boyfriend couldn't even touchhim because his eyes would swell. They used to get reallybad. For about a6months he went to see an allergistfor all his allergies and now he can give oscar kisses andhug him, his eyes never swell up and his hasen't been going to see theallergist for at least 8months:) He went to one of the newage allergist(i can't remember what the're called) and the doctor wouldtreat him for one allergy a week until it cleared. :) Goodluck i'm sure you will work something out even if it is your bun....buti hope it's not:)

After reading online and reading some replies,i'm thinking that i'm not allergic to her anymore. It seems like mostpeople allergic to bunnies or other pets have a more "typical"reaction, runny nose, itchy/swollen eyes to varying degrees. Iliterally have hives over 90% of my body.. i'm going to an allergisttomorrow. Even if I am allergic to her, i'm just going to have to getthe shots, I don't care what i'm going to have to do, there is NO waythat I could give her away. I would never actually be able to give heraway, no one would be good enough. I was laying down with her todaycrying for like 2 hours and she snuggled the WHOLE time, and normallyit takes everything I have to get her to cuddle with me for 2 minutes.So i've made up my mind 100% I am not/can not give her away if shots ormedicine can be used if I am allergic to her. Unless the shots or medswon't work because my body won't respond to the steroids and I don'twant to have to keep going to the ER. Ugh, why can't I just be allergicto pollen or something normal.. not my baby :(

I just went to the allergist and he said he is99% sure it is NOT Lulu!!!!!! They're doing tests but he said theyprobably won't ever figure it out, but they will be able to treat it!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited, i'm super itchy right now but I don't care because its not my Lu!

Yeah.. I just had to get another epi because I had to use mine on Sunday night.

Latest posts

Back