I made the choice, now I am facing the consequences

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are so right Kate. And you are right, my friends that give me a hard time have the newest technology in TV's, computers, cars, etc,. Everything I own is old lol. Most of it is the same stuff I bought 10 years ago when I moved out on my own. Those things would never bring me the joy, happiness, and love Chase does. It may be a rough few months. But we will all get through it and adjust to living in a smaller place. Really what does one person and 4 animals need a 1600 sq feet house for? We will do just fine in something smaller.

:feelbetter:I have my fingers crossed for you, girl... I know it will work out.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
I would much rather go into debt to save a pets life than to buy a big screen tv or a fancy car. The people who spend $5000 on a new tv every year because they need to next best thing will scold you for spending $500 on 'just a rabbit' that you could have for the next 5 or 10 years. You have Chase to give you a reason that will love you every day no matter where you live, what you drive or what kind of job you have. There will be other jobs and condos, but there is only one Chase.
That is so true! All my stuff including the house, car, electronics and clothes are old but my critters are cared for which in my mind is how it should be (if your going to have pets)

Wow, Patti that is crazy that people walk in and hand in their keys. In my county, they have a voluntary mediation program. They told me when I went only 10% of people in foreclosure show up.

I was surprised my bank wouldn't work with me. I only need to lower my mortgage payment a little bit. They wouldn't extend the length of my loan, lower the interest rate, or decrease the principle amount of the loan to change my monthly payments. I tried to talk to them about doing an arm type loan so that for a couple years my payments would be lower and then go back up. I imagine by that time Chase would be better plus with just graduating with a BA degree, I would be making more money. I met when a free HUD counselor who also tried to talk with them. They just weren't willing to budge at all.

Amy I wish I was closer to you. I know you are doing the right thing. If you were closer I could look into helping you out with the Company I'm working with.
Ask around and find a Primerica Rep. We have great Smart Loans that will bundle your debt and lower your payment and extend the length plus help you save. Our SMART loans are the same as the banks refinancing but ours are better because we help you by showing you, your options with the freed up money.

:hug:

It's a choice I would have made the same way! Right now I've just litterally as in yesterday, took on a 4th horse, with my 3rd one being bred so I'll have 5 next year and definently not enough acreage to pasture them on. I'm going to the farms around my place and seeing about renting a feild for the spring/summer/fall. As for my buns, I've gone without everything imaginable(including my own medicine) so oen of them could get x-rays and expensive meds even if it was one of the rescue and rehab buns that most people would have just let die.
I'll keep my fingers cross that everything turns upwards for you.

Hi Amy. I don't know how I missed this thread. It breaks my heart to read this because you are such a kind hearted person. What others have said is absolutely right - there's only one Chase, and she means a lot to you. Why on earth wouldn't you do what you can to save her, right? You're not crazy at all. I think for a person with so much love in her heart, you will get through this and I'm sure you and your animals will find a way to love a new home as well. Home without love is just four walls...

Thank you guys so much. You have no idea how your kind words have helped me though this hard time. I have to admit, there where times I wondered if I was making the right decision. I really feel like I have made the right decision. But for along time, my credit will suck, when I use to have such good credit. But Chase is worth it. I just wish there was another option.

Becka, I will look into it. But since I am already behind on my loan, I don't know if anyone would give me a new one. Stinks because I do make okay money.

Heather, I hope things work out for you too. I have also gone without for my buns. It is amazing how much they can mean to people where they put their bun before themselves. But I believe it is the right thing to do.

Thanks Helen, I know things will work out one way or another. Regardless of where we live, Chase will be alive lovig life and we will all be together. I just think that people think so badly of people that lose their home. This is something that will affect me for many years. But I am willing to do that. Chase is more important, it is just depressing becuase I have tried so hard to work something out with the mortgage company.

To make things even worse, I am volunteering at the humane society and fell in love with a rabbit. I know I just can't bring it home. It would be such a bad move. But this rabbit is amazing. She is so sweet and wonderful. She really has to be the sweetest rabbit I have ever met. I can't let her stay in a cage at the humane society. I am hoping if she doesn't get adopted, they will let me foster her. I thought about trying to bond her to Little Bunny. But I shouldn't even be thinking about this! What is wrong with me!

:feelbetter:Hey Amy, I lost my hometwo years ago - a lovely house which was very much our home, it was really really hard - we loved that place and to make things worse we moved out at exactly the same time we received a diagnosis for our special needs son. 2 years on welivein a smaller rented place and we are slowly but surely getting back on our feet.Even though materially we aren't as well off I can see now that my quality fo life is so much better, we don't have the same financial worries we used to have - we have food, power and a little extra money to spend on things that give us pleasure ( for me that'sthe animalsand dancing!!)

WhatI do regret is having to say goodbye to my darling dog, I still miss her, I feel I failed her and if it meant keeping her I would have sold my house much much sooner. So SMILE because you are so right, home is where family is and you are blessed not to have to say goodbye to your pets. In time your credit score will increase and the pain of loosing that house will disappear completely, but the pain of loosing a pet really only dulls.

All the best- you know that choosing your rabbit over your house was the right decision for you and that's what really matters. After all, there'll be plenty of other houses.

Thank you amalie, I really needed that today. I really appreciate you sharing your story. I love my home...it is so perfect. But my animals do mean more to me and you are right, losing my animals would hurt more and for a lot longer then losing my home.

I went and looked at 3 more apartments today and am just so down. I hate having to down size. I have no idea how I am going to fit all of us and my things in these apartments. But some how I am going to have to make it work. Reading your story has really helped, so again, thank you for sharing it with me.

I'm sorry I couldn't reply to this earlier - I hadn't seen it. I know exactly how you feel about downsizing, we ended up living at my parent's for over a year because we couldn't afford our own place, that was incredibly humbling and very painful - we sold everything that we could bare to part with, I kept some of my bedroom furniture, some of my son's bedroom furniture and a wall cabinet - everything else went.

It's quite nice now to look around our house and be able to feel like it's all a new start, a lot of our things might not be as nice as what we used to have but it doesn't remind me of my 'previous life'.

I've learnt some really valuable lessons and I'm not so attached to my 'stuff'. What I had used to define me - beautiful house at a young age, flash car, nice furniture, wealthy friends. Now it's quite different my stuff doesn't define me and most of the wealthy friends weren't real friends.

I guess, although this will be the first time I've really admitted it, I'm happier - not just happier than when I was when my finances were going down the tubes (that's a given) but happier than when I was 'wealthy'!

So, I hope that this can be a fresh start for you too, and I also hope it doesn't last as long as mine did! It is horrid and you have every right to feel awful about what is happening, but keep it in your mind that it will all get better, much much better.

*HUGS*

I am so sorry to hear this story.

My rabbit recently got bone cancer, in the end she was in excruciating pain. I got her put to sleep. It was hard, I have lost 6 rabbits now in total due to cancer or intenstinal gaseous problems. I spent a fortune on 1 month worth of meds for hazel for the pain for her cancer. It didn't help.

I said to everyone, I would do anything for her to be better, sell my scooter, car, house, in the end she had pain so I had to let her go. I don't think you are crazy. The people telling you that you are crazy are crazy. They don't realize how much a pet means to you (the owner).

as long as your rabbit has no pain, then it's fine. I really admire how strong you are.

I really wish you the best of luck, as they say in holland, 'alles komt goed'

everything will be alright and work out fine

shelley

Latest posts

Back