I Just Kicked My Rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kicked Spike once too, and I felt AWFUL. He was thankfully ok, but I was racked with guilt.

Even worse? I almost sat on him once. It was when we first got him and i was new to how fast they can move. He wasn't even near me when I began to sit and all of a sudden, there he was, under me. Thank goodness my husband shouted and I actually fell forward instead. I could not have lived with myself if I had sat on him. Now I do the slow step by step sit and always watch where he is.

So see, no need to feel bad. They love to get right in there, and as long as your little one is not hurt, then you have nothing to feel bad about. We have probably all done it.

So far I've been real good with the rabbits though they've been thoroughly testing me. I have a really good avoidance instinct and in a way I'm more worried I may hurt myself twisting and moving out of the way then hurting the buns. My birds, well one in particular, is hellaciously clumsy and too many accident have happened already poor thing but she remains as friendly as ever.

I have to be careful not to kick the boys. If I connect with them it's usually me that starts crying. They're heavy enough to induce a fall down go boom incident. Ask the refrigerator.

Well thanks everyone has made me feel better although I am still hearing that squeak even this morning. :(

And yes Jenny it was really cute my hubby did that. He can't fool me anymore with his tough guy I don't love the buns attitude, hahahhahaha.

I haven't kicked him but I did nudge him off the bed once when he woke me up & I was groggy. I sleep on a mattress on the floor so he only kind of rolled over, seemed unperturbed & began digging in a blanket.

But he has hurt me before, accidentally. Twice. The first time was also on the bed in aforementioned grogginess. He is my alarm clock, he gets me up at 6:30 every day by rattling the cage bars. I let him out. I learned that this particular model alarm clock comes with a special snooze alarm feature: he gets the morning cheerfulness & runs around the room. He must cross the bed to complete the circle... which means jumping right on my face. 7 and a half pounds with sharp claws attached. Near my eyes & lips. Soooo the other day he got my lip with his back leg & I woke up bleeding. Don't care much, as long as it wasn't an eye.

also, whenever I go to the high shelf to get the food down he runs over. This time I wasn't ready for it. I sidestepped & kind of rolled onto my ankle, so all the weight was there for a few seconds. Nothing serious but caused a ginger walk & I took a rest from climbing that day.

DUDE I second the nearly-sitting-on-them thing. ALL THE TIME. >.< Haven't done it yet, but Harrow doesn't understand that under my butt is a terrible place to be when I'm in the process of sitting to clean his cage.

My buns arent indoor buns or even allowed indoors due to my dads allergies but i have dropped them before, well most of the time they jump out of my arms but they never really seem that bothered...
The only time i have ever heard a bunny scream was when i was cleaning them out, i left them running around the garden as i went inside to get another bin bag and when i got out a huge fox was eying maisy (My old bun) and she started screaming so i ran got a stick and through it at the foz, then collected a petrefied maisy...

Back