I have to rehome my buns... New Orleans, Louisiana

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherMarie

Reaction score
Due to some unforseen personal problems, I can no longer keep my babies. Widget, now dubbed Mama, is a Hotot/Dutch mix (just over a year old). Patches is a Mini Rex (about 9 months old) and FatFace is Mama's baby but looks (at least to me) just like a Hotot (he's 4 months old. was born Dec 27th; a Christmas baby). I'm trying to find them the best homes possible. FatFace may have a home, but he's still trying to talk his girlfriend into getting ANOTHER rabbit, so it's not for sure yet. .... I was hoping one of the great, experienced, prepared bunny lovers on here may want another rabbit or two (I'm really trying to keep Mama and Patchy together) I'm just really nervous about letting anyone have them who hasn't had a bun before..people don't think rabbits take much care....and if they got them and weren't prepared so just let them outside...or never let them out of their cage to play...i don't know..... preferably in the New Orleans area so it may be an "open adoption".... if not an email based "open adoption" would work I suppose. I just want to make sure my babies are okay..... if you want an additional super sweet house trained bun, please message me on here or email me [email protected] thank you. (sorry this doesn't give much info, but it breaks my heart so much to be doing this.......)

this is their picture from my Easter card....
happyeaster.gif

Are any of them altered? If the two are bonded it would be really cruel to separate them, so make sure you consider that.

Have you tried posting at local vets offices? How about pet stores on their bulletin boards or on craigslist?

We have a list of questions to ask potential adopters Pinned at the top of the rescue section. Just be sure to screen anyone very thoroughly bc you never know what awful things people might do with a bunny. I dont think we have a lot of RO members in your area but we'll do what we can to help.

Haley

Back