I have a total home-bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarperBun

Reaction score
This little homebody does not want to leave her cage. I open the cage and she just sits in the corner. If I have her out of the cage she just scampers right on back to her cage. I think she is going through a phase. It seems like if I am even in the room she she is scared and hides. This all started after she got spooked the other night.

Is she a new edition to the family? If so, I think that's totally normal. When I first brought my bun home he was shy and never wanted to leave the little nook underneath my desk and would act really shy around me and my old man. It took a few weeks for him to open up. I'd say give her some time, soon she may well start hopping all around like she owns the place yo!

I agree, how long have you had her? She may just need time to open up. Try hand feeding her her favorite treat, and lure her out! Worked for my bun.

Sent from my iPad using Rabbit Forum

I got her at six weeks and she is 8 months old now. This is a change for her. She generally would run around her room and come run around the living room. Now she hides from me in her tunnel.

How is she doing today? I was also wondering if she's still eating and pooping regularly?

She's doing great! She actually just came out of her cage by herself for the first time in a long time! She is an eating and pooping machine.

Latest posts

Back