I have a quick question about regestering rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMALL S RABBITRY

Reaction score
I was just wondering if when you get a rabbit registered through the ARBA does that meen that he can not be showed any more cause I know that if they have a tat in the right ear that they can not be shown. All the rabbits I have ever had registered was retierd form showing and where brood stock........ Thanks ahead of time for any info.........Toby

P.S. the reason I want to know it that I want to get some of my show stock registered at the TRBA State Show this weekend..........

You don't have to tatoo your rabbits after they get registered. I have a couple of GC's and come to think of it, not all of them have a tattoo in the right ear.

I've never heard the tattoo in the right ear bit. The point of registering is for records and to get your GC. Ask a judge to be sure

Well when you get the rabbit registered they get a tat in there right ear a GC is totally different from that a GC is where your rabbit get 3 or more show legs. Registering is where a person from the ARBA looks over your rabbit and makes sure that it fits all the requierments of that breed and there is usally a person that registers rabbits at every show...........Toby

You can't get your GC certificate unless your rabbit is registered. I'm saying the registrar isn't required to tattoo the rabbit just give you a registration number.

There is no rule stating that a rabbit can't be shown if it has a tattoo in its right ear. It's the lack of a tattoo in the left ear that is a tattoo.

It's mandatory that a rabbit being registered has the registration insignia tattooed init's right ear.

HA. the registrar asked me if I wanted a tattoo and I said no

Why is it mandatory for them to have the tattoo if I may ask?

If I remember right SNM it is so that someone cant put the registration number in another rabbit and it proves that the rabbit in question is a registered and that the rabbit fits all of the criteria of that breed.......Toby

SNM wrote:
HA. the registrar asked me if I wanted a tattoo and I said no

Why is it mandatory for them to have the tattoo if I may ask?

It's mandatory - the registrar is required to tattoo the rabbit by ARBA rules to prove registration.

ARBA Instructions to Registrars in the ARBA Yearbook: "#7. Tattoo Registration Number: IT IS MANDATORY (In caps in the rules) that the registration insignia or registration number be tattooed in the right ear of the rabbit at the time of registration."

Back