I guess we do white Flemish, now, too...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Turtle

Reaction score
We've had really good luck with our sandy herd this spring, including Guenther getting a leg, Bess getting her second leg, and even Barack Obunny getting a leg as BOSV. Lots of blue and red ribbons, too.

For some reason we have lost our minds and acquired a pair of whites! Their lineages are amazing, they're only about 4 or 5 months old right now but enormous, and we will probably get them together this winter. One came from Ana at Bella's Bunnies in Mooresville, NC, the other from Cheryl Gott at Gott Flemish in Statesville, NC. To say that the trip to pick them up was a marathon doesn't begin to do it justice.

Anyway, I guess we'll be learning about whites now. What I've already figured out is that my ear tastes good, because the doe has already bitten it. The buck is very friendly and extremely interested in everything.

If all this isn't enough, Thursday we're going up to Pennsylvania for another sandy doe. This one is immense and has a leg as BOB at State College earlier this month, the doe that beat our Bess for the ribbon before Eric Stewart.

These wabbits are taking over!

I like whites. :D I have a white doe named Morrissey. She's about 5 years old now. I've had her since she was 4 months old. Flemmies are good bunnies. :) She had 13 kits when I bred her. lol I have vowed never to do it again. It looks like she has like dewlaps now. lol

Congrats!! And yes I agree with Polly! I don't think I have ever seen white flemish before!

You might well have seen them but thought they were Californians or something else.

Anyway, London and Cinderella have settled in pretty well. Cinderella gets lots of house time because she was basically a house wabbit, while London gets to be surrounded by gigantic sandy Flemish. He's pretty blase, coming as he does from Cheryl Gott's Flemish rabbitry in North Carolina, but he's extremely friendly. Dolly, from the Bradys up in Pennsylvania, is truly immense and has an eye-popping pedigree that goes all the way back to Bob Bomia's legendary BO770.

Nora probably has pictures up on Flickr of the three new imports, but I'm at work right now and Flickr as well as pretty much anything else fun has been blocked.

Latest posts

Back