I guess this is goodbye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondiesmommie

Reaction score
Annabelle went to her new home tonight. I feel like crap. I don't even know how I'm going to sleep tonight. I know I rescued her and I know I paid for her to get better, I just wish she could have stayed. I'm so bummed, I cried the moment they drove off. Idk I'm so afraid she's going to wonder where I am. :(

It's tough to have to say goodbye. But you did the right thing for her and your family. And yes she will wonder where you are at first, but hopefully she will quickly bond to those who will love her like you do.

My thoughts with you and with Annabelle.

K:(

I must have missed some posts...how come she had to be rehomed? I'm so sorry :( It's never an easy thing.

Well a few reasons, but my boyfriend was never a fan of the idea, and he probably would have went along with it, but she kept having accidents, she did get better with using her potty, but are dining room has a permanent rabbit pee smell I tried and tried to think of some better plan to be able to keep her, but she was just too big to be cooped in any kind of cage. Lol and I spent my weekly money (I'm a stay at home mom of a 10 month old) which is suppose to be for groceries, gas ect on her vet bill yeeeeeeah lol I just had to though, she was so miserable. I couldn't leave her with that lady I got her from either, I just couldn't. I guess I know now, in my heart, that I guess she needed me, to bring me to them. Blahhh I'm sitting on my couch all teary eyed and just don't know what to do with my self, oh Annabelle.

I'll never regret taking Annabelle in, but now my chances of ever having a bun is probably slim to none, bc he probably thinks they all pee / poop everywhere ( I know they don't bc I read it all the time) and they're all big like she was lol he's a pain in my a$$ lol

:feelbetter: super hugs. No one will judge...you had to make a choice. Maybe stay in touch with the new family to make sure it works out? If it doesn't drive her butt up to NH!

My buns have been reduced to the kitchen for out time recently because of the pee. I totally understand.

If it wouldn't be too hard I'd love to see you stay on the forum. Lots of people here don't have any bunnies...

She is such a beautifil bun and im sure fate meant for you to save her. Your time will come and jppefully your bf will give in.

Im a sahm too and thankfully mine both pee in the box! I also do the budget and bills though, so i make sure to put $ back for vets. Hubby hates animals inside. He grew upwith them outside...so he doesnt get it. But its lonely staying home and the animals have proven to be more loyal than friends.

ETA: pour down baking soda, add bit of water. Scrub it in deep then drown it in white vinegar. If it stained to wood vinegar shoild get it out and wont hurt wood. I dothis withc cat pee. Then i go over with dawn soap for stains. Hopefully that works :)

fuzz16 wrote:
She is such a beautifil bun and im sure fate meant for you to save her. Your time will come and jppefully your bf will give in.

Im a sahm too and thankfully mine both pee in the box! I also do the budget and bills though, so i make sure to put $ back for vets. Hubby hates animals inside. He grew upwith them outside...so he doesnt get it. But its lonely staying home and the animals have proven to be more loyal than friends.

quote]

:yeahthat: And as someone else mentioned, if you get a chance to get another bunny someday, I'd definitly look into a dwarf like a Holland Lop (I'm not biased or anything) They're really friendly and easy to house due to their size.

I'm sorry to hear you have had to go through this, it's never an easy decision to make. You will have a bunny or two again in the future your boyfriend will come around and that tip about the baking soda and water with white vinegar is great, can you use that on carpets too or just floors?

Oh and to top it off, as I was trying to get Annabelle all ready to go, my 10 month old says her first word (after mama and dada of coarse) - buh- ee, yup bunny with no n's. LOL I was so happy but it made it so much harder. I walked by with her this morning, where the bunny was usually sleeping, and she said it again *sigh

Sounds like you did what was best for Annabelle, you got her out of a horrible situation and found a great forever home. I have large and small buns. The little ones are a little less challenging, particularly when handling. Perhaps you can convince him to get a small rescue bun who has good potty habbits? :hug:

I'm so upset, I tried to text the couple I gave Annabelle to, she was playing stupid with me then it said the AT&T subscriber blah blah is no longer in service WTH

I'm so upset, I tried to text the couple I gave Annabelle to, she was playing stupid with me then it said the AT&T subscriber blah blah is no longer in service WTH

I am sorry you had to rehome your beloved Annabelle. Once Elliot was neutered, he became the best bunny ever about his potty habits. He is the sweetest most adorable bun I have ever known. My vote is for a Netherlands dwarf.:shhhh:
Maybe the people are just having phone problems?

Back