I Got One More

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star_girl

Reaction score
I got my little bunny today, the one that is Basil and Sybils Baby. Her name is Amber, she is 8 months old and is so totally adorable. I have set her run up next to Skyes and they are both really interested in one another, sniffing through the wire. Ever since I put her in her run next to him Skye has been so happy, sniffing her then having a binky attack, then sniffing her some more and doing more binkys! She is still a little skittish at the moment but I have only had her at home for about 4 hours so shes still settling in (thats also why I don't yet have any photos)

She is mostly brown and very fluffy, but has black spots i her fur and a white nose, and white toes, her ears arn't lop but are less rigid than her mums ears, She looks more like her dad than her mum.

She is going to be in a run next to skye for a week so they can get used to one another, then next weekend I will begin the serious bonding! I know its very early days but so far so good with the sniffing through the wires, I'm feeling optimistic!

The lady who owns the rescue centre gave me a really good rabbit book today which she refured to as 'The Rabbit Bible.' It is called 'The problem with Rabbits - A Sactury's' Modern Approach - All the help and advice today's caring owner needs' Now I'm not sure if the title is strickly true I don't think it has ALL the help and advice a caring owner needs, but it sure is a good book, a sort of no nonsense - this is how rabbits MUST be cared for book. Doesnt have pretty pictures but gives you the facts and the do's and don'ts of rabbit ownership.

I wasn't even planning to ger Amber today, I went along thinking I was going to have another look and arrange adopting her (because Im having to borrow a hutch to keep her in until I have bonded her and Skye) So I turned up unprepared and she had the adoption form ready and the hutch ready and everything! We had got our wires crossed somewhat! luckily we had gone in my boyfriends car, which is bigger than mine, because the hutch would never have fitted in my Micra, Worked out quite well really because it means one less journey for me to make to go and get her, because I already have her!!

As for Basil and Sybil, they have settled in fines, you would think they had been here forever! They have got into their routine quickly and have got used to all the different noises, they are even started to eat the food a feed them, the only thing is, they are soooo messy! I am struggling to get them litter trained, they pick up the litter box, move it then poop where it was! But I will persist!

Anna x x x

Wow! Congrats!!

She sounds very cute! what breed is she? :inlove:

I hope you can get some pics! I want to see her!!

Guess who I got photos of!

CIMG0405.jpg

CIMG0410.jpg

CIMG0415.jpg

AMBER! What do you think, cute or what?!
Do you think she resembles her Mum and Dad?...

CIMG0389.jpg

CIMG0378.jpg

Shes not settling in as well as they did, could be because she is alone and I got them as a pair? She sits in her run right up in the corner that is next to Skyes run, I thought maybe this is because she is still nervous and is looking to him for comfort?
To be fair though this is only her second day with me, so shes still got plenty of time to settle. I can't wait to get her in with Skye, but I have to be patient and wait, I don't want any fighting or injuries.

and I just wanted to share these pics of Skye because I think he looks so gorgeous in them

CIMG0399.jpg

CIMG0393.jpg

Anna x x x

Latest posts

Back