I got a new laptop!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your sort-of new laptop Kelly!

Hazel-Mom wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
I don't like Apple laptops. I like using my "right click" button. :)
try "double click", on the newest apple laptops that works just like the right click.
Or get a wireless mouse. I have one with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. It works great, even with Macs.

My whole family is sold on Apple, we all prefer them to Microsoft. They are much more reliable, there's no problem with viruses, and no hassles like Vista :p.

Apart from this, you can also enable a preference that means you place 2 fingers on the track-pad, and then click the button and the right-click menu appears. Granted, it took me a while to get used to at first, just like anything, but now I wouldn't go back!

I love my MacBook. I've had it for about a year now and it just WORKS! I've never had a problem with it, let alone viruses/virus software. Granted, they do cost more initially, but I think they last longer and it's money well spent. I'm safer too! My laptop, windows, surrounding objects and my hands were at a great risk using my old Sony Vaio before, because it made me so mad I always wanted to throw it out of a window! :p

I found Vista slow, unresponsive, clunky, and sooo likely to crash. I was rebooting several times a day. Since I've been using my Mac I've probably rebooted about 3 times the whole year, if that! We have ours linked up to a printer wirelessly, plus we have the Apple external hard drive that is also a wireless router and backs up all our data automatically on the hour :D

Kelly, do you still have your old laptop? There is a cable you can buy that transfers data automatically for you between XP and Vista machines- it's pretty quick and everything goes to the same place you had it before! I got one that cost about £20/$35ish? and it took about 2 hours to transfer 60GB of data across. That was 2 years ago :D

my old dell latitude c610 ran XP pro, but when that laptop started to die, i gave up and went out and got a Toshiba Satellite with Vista on it. I was depressed about Vista but it actually hasn't been too awfully bad. we had battle of the wills for a little bit while i figured it out(and yes the computer beat me a few times.)
I don't think I could ever go for Apple. I had to use them in college for the tv feild production class and for graphics and they were horrible.
But that was a 'cheap' free new lap top. HP's i've heard are good, all my printers have been HP.

Quick question, everyone. Best Buy called to see what I wanted to do with my old laptop. Should I go in and get the old one, too? Even though I got the new one? I could always sell the old one for parts... :D

kherrmann3 wrote:
Quick question, everyone. Best Buy called to see what I wanted to do with my old laptop. Should I go in and get the old one, too? Even though I got the new one? I could always sell the old one for parts... :D
Sell for parts. Sometimes you can get a decent bit for parts.

I very much dislike Apple computers. Thank the schools. :p

We have PCs in our school also, and they run great! But if you go onto a Mac... it's slow, and slow, and slow! And I love my right click. :p

JadeIcing wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
I agree. If they will just give you the old one, you can sell it for parts.

BethM wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
I agree. If they will just give you the old one, you can sell it for parts.
Well, I went in to pick up my old one, and they told me that they don't give back computers once they are junked out. The guy who called me must have been new, or didn't look at my computer-profile closely. Oh, well. I still got the new laptop! :p

Back