I Give A Little..He Takes Alot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorylocks

Reaction score
So last night I had the brilliant idea that I'd give Clyde half of my room blocking off the other half with NIC grids. I had a "gate" put up so I could easily enter and exit. It was held together with connectors and I've had no problem with them falling apart before.
So I get it all set up, lay the newly washed sheet down on the carpet, put his litter box out, left the cage door open and went to bed. I woke up..to the most unexpected sight. Clyde had torn the "gate" apart..completely. Not a connector was attached to a grid. He had peed in atleast 2 spots I could see, on the clean sheet mind you, poops were everywhere, and since he got out of the gate he chewed my shop vac cord, mind you it was unplugged but still..so I have to assess the damage when I get home.
Don't you just love Bunnies and their antics! =)

Wow he must have been real mad at you! I'm sorry. Buster is still too scared to leave him room but I am scared that when he does he will try to tear the place up lol. So far he hasn't tore anything but cardboard up lol

It sounds like what you need is an xpen or a lot better connectors & more of them. I made a fold-down gate, so the moveable fasteners are at the top where Honey can't get at them.

I can't imagine why he'd be mad at me as much as I spoil him =P! I do need an x-pen, I just don't want to buy a brand new one and I'm, not very good at getting great deals on used stuff! I'm sure I'll think of something!

Lol, what a punk! (that's what I call any of mine that get into trouble). Did you use the provided connectors, or zip ties/cable ties? I haven't had one get past zip ties yet (good quality ones that are thick).

I didn't use the zipties. I have some good thick ones I can use which is what I probably should have done in the beginning. I can check ebay and a few other places because my birthday is coming up soon =) maybe it can be an early birthday present. And yes he is just being a bunny..I just wish sometimes he could be less destructive and messy! =) But ya gotta love em!

Normal behavious. I remember when I set mine up in the xpen when they were all younger and I forgot to put the lid over when I went to bed. Two escaped during the night and when I opened the living room door in the morning, it looked as though I´d had burglars. Lamp knocked over, poops everywhere, stuff strewn all over the place. Luckily, the cords were bunny proofed so no chewed stuff. if they can get out, they will do. Just use thick zip ties and make sure there´s nothing they can jump on to get out or they will find a way.

Yeah, I plan on redoing the setup so he can't get out again. I once put him in a gate style thing and he had a tall box that he used as a house, well the top wasn't solid so I didn't think he could stand on it..he could. And he got out! =) Of course. I'm not very good at forseeing ways that he can get out..I need to work on fixing that!

Yes, I ´ve had that as well this time when I put their wooden house too near the bars and they jumped over and onto a dining room chair. Two out again but they´re older now and all they did was sleep. THis time I came in the living room and one was sitting in the middle of the sofa and the other was asleep on one of the dining room chairs. Now, if I´m setting anything up, I get down on the floor and look at it from their angle, it does give perspective of how they´ll see it. They´re such sneaky little rascals at times lol.

I HATE those connectors!!! I can never get them to go on when I am making a shelf (for myself). They hurt your hands as well. When I move to my new apt (signed the lease today and move in may) I am going to get some more cube packs, but this time I am going to zip tie my shelf together instead of the connectors. I have made pens for rabbits many times using the pannels and zip ties. The only time I had a rabbit get out was when it went through the pannel (the big hole pannels).

Latest posts

Back