I get to pick up my bunny tomorrow!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllieMoore

Reaction score
Very excited to be able to pick up my baby bunny, Waffles tomorrow afternoon! I'm getting her a week early, mainly because I am off work after fracturing my hip (not due to age, as I'm 23, but due to having scoliosis). Its only hairline, but means I have to spend a fair bit of time at home. So the breeder thought it would be a good time for me and the bunny to bond while I am home 24/7 instead of off at work.

Waffles is 7 and half weeks old. Picture below.
Waffles4.jpg

I sent up her room this afternoon. She has a litter box, a cosy bed, plenty of hay and other stuff to eat, and HEAPS of toys. Along with a brand new brush, nail clippers, harness and everything she will need.

Congrats on Waffles! She looks like an absolute doll. Hope you have a successful speedy recovery. I've got scoliosis as well so I know the feeling of having aches and pains well before you should (age-wise) and I'm sure having a lovely new bunny to dote on will really help with your mood during recovery.

Hooray for a new baby! Waffles is the absolute cutest name (and cutest bun)! Hope you get some great bonding/healing time in :)

I;m so sorry for your injury, but Waffles is the lemonade from the lemons.

I'm sure she'll be glad to get off that wire setup under her poor feet.

TOO CUTE! Looks just like my old bunny Charlie~
Adorable! :)

I have my Waffles!! I'll get pictures a little later. She is a little scared now. Settling in very well though. She has a whole bedroom to herself, and is loving it. She has already found her litter box and has been using it, and she loves her little furry round bed. She has thrown her toys all over the room, and taken a little carrot from me. I sat in there for a few hours with her, using my computer. And she would do running laps of the room, and every few minutes come back and put her little paws on my knee to look at the computer. She is loving pats, and allowed me to give her a little brush. She loves being held.

Wonderful, though no more carrot or any veggies until she's older. Hay & alfalfa [lucerne] pellets are her diet for a few months, then add a green like parsley very gradually, then another. Otherwise diarrhea could be the result.

The breeder has been feeding her carrot for a week now. I didn't think you were supposed to. She has unlimited hay, alfalfa and pellet mix :) Along with plenty of fresh water and lots of toys.

Thank :D She is doing the cutest things today. I go and sit in her room, and she comes over, puts her paws on my knee, and headbutts my hand to give her a scratch behind the ears.

LakeCondo wrote:
Wonderful, though no more carrot or any veggies until she's older. Hay & alfalfa [lucerne] pellets are her diet for a few months, then add a green like parsley very gradually, then another. Otherwise diarrhea could be the result.
:yeahthat:

Don't worry, I haven't given her anymore carrot :) Its too high in sugar anyway I read. She loves the alfalfa hay, so I've been feeding her that out of my hand so she learns to trust me.

I believe you should begin weaning them off alfalfa at around 6 months (depending on the breed), though I could be wrong. Hopefully someone else will chip in.

Latest posts

Back