I finally got a bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jynxie

Reaction score
After thinking long and hard and seeing how hard it was for me to even find a breeder (not to mention... I would have had to wait over 2 months... to get one)

I decided, showing probably wasn't for me. I'm too impatient and I can't drive, so I would have to rely on my parents to drive me to shows (which they wouldn't want to do!) maybe one day when I can drive! :) By the way thank you to everyone who gave me advice about showing, I really appreciate it and I will be taking your advice if I ever plan to get another bun to show.

ANYWAYS.

So after speaking with my breeder, she had some pet quality buns available. I read on here that eight weeks is when you should get them, but she assured me that six weeks was fine and she wanted me to at least have first pick if I wasn't going to get a show bunn off her and to come pick one out. She had 4 boys for me to look at (one fuzzy + 3 hollands)

I picked a male harlequin lop. I'm already so attached, he's a sweetheart. Full of energy and exploring like crazy. He loves his new cage (even though we've had some litter box accidents). :p

I don't have any great quality pictures yet, but here are some pictures off my itouch.

By the way he's playing right now, and he looks as if he's already trying to binky. He's jumping/running around and doing little jump things with his back legs. So cute. :3

harley.jpg

harley1.jpg

harley2.jpg

He a cutie:biggrin:. He's going to have to trained in no time.

For the litter box, he is still young and it will take time for him to learn. Start training him now, but don't expect him to really get it for a little while yet.

Any tips for the litter box?

I have hay inside of it, and when he poops outside of it I put them inside. Anything else?

Also, he's a poop machine. He's already had 30+ little poops. LOL.

I love him already, so cute.

Putting the poops in the box should help. It is also helpful to not have litter in the while cage, but what you have in the pictures looks good. Keeping the rest of the cage really clean and leaving some poops and wet litter in the box can also help. If he is using the box at all, that is a good thing. Give him a few days to see what his habits are like.
Bunnies are little poop machines and more poop is better.

Okay great.
I believe he's already pee'd in his box so thats good.
I'm using a blanket at the bottom, I don't like how messy shavings are anyways.

I'm hoping it's a good sign he's already pee'd in it.

Also yeah, we've already nicknamed him the poop machine.

Omg Harley is so darn cute!
Ha I have the same trouble with the poops with my little one. xD
This morning I had to pick up 30+ poops from the carpet!
She uses her litterbox sometimes but eh she's just little so I don't expect much right now.

He did his first bunny flop. :3

So cute! I'll see about taking pictures in a minute or two depending if he stays laying down, or if he gets up to explore again.
I know he's a baby, and needs to sleep so if he's sleeping I'll let him get some rest. :)

OMG! What a little button! He's so tiny. He looks like a stuffed animal! :)

I got Dudley three weeks ago today. He was eight weeks and already weighed eight pounds. LOL!

I LOVE your photography skills on the second set of shots. They give alot of clarity to just HOW adorable your harley is.

Just put the litter box wherever he chose as his "pee spot" but expect lots of pebbles everywhere for a while :p

and if you dont already have one, what i like to do, is put a Hay holder, latched to the cage, right by the litterbox, as opposed to literally putting it in his box. Its just more tidy, rabbits eat there own poop sometimes, so its not a hygiene thing :p

good luck

When Harley disappears suddenly...you don't need to look here...nope....

(I love harlequins and bred some harlequin lionheads in the past).

ADORABLE bunny.

Haha, thanks.
I think he's got to be the cutest bunny ever. It's hilarious to see him to the dead bunny flop.

(the rest of my message dissapeared?)

I said...

My secret to the pictures (shh, don't tell anyone) is to use the food setting. I don't have a fancy camera or anything. The only problem is they have to sit really still.

Also thanks for the tips.

I'm trying to let him rest, it's so hard though... I want to cuddle him all day long!

Back