I feel like this was uncalled for

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everything that's been said! People should respect all religions/non-religions. It goes both ways and it's not nice! If it was me I would get annoyed and probably debate it with her (whether I was atheist or not) but probably just talk to your supervisor, religion is a subject that people shouldn't bring up if they don't know the other person. Anyway, many atheists live better lives than religious people! I believe if there's something like heaven, everyone good will go there!

Too bad my cousin wasn't there with you. Right after high school, he started dating this really religious girl, and he got *really* into religion. I mean, his only hobby was reading his Bible, or studying other religions to find out how they were "wrong." Then, years later, when she divorced him, he sort of spiraled out.

Now, he still knows the Bible so well he'll debate anything with anyone. He used to be a debater, too, so he can argue any side. On more than one occasion he's made people cry, just by arguing against them. I don't feel bad, though, they were the ones who started the debate, and they were the ones who were trying to tell him he was a sinner. He never even raises his voice or gets flustered.
(Once he was arguing to some Jehovah's Witnesses, who wouldn't stop coming to his door when he asked them to, that raccoons were more pure and holy in they eyes of God than humans. If they had just stopped bothering him when he *politely* asked them, they wouldn't have left crying.)

BethM wrote:
Too bad my cousin wasn't there with you. Right after high school, he started dating this really religious girl, and he got *really* into religion. I mean, his only hobby was reading his Bible, or studying other religions to find out how they were "wrong." Then, years later, when she divorced him, he sort of spiraled out.

Now, he still knows the Bible so well he'll debate anything with anyone. He used to be a debater, too, so he can argue any side. On more than one occasion he's made people cry, just by arguing against them. I don't feel bad, though, they were the ones who started the debate, and they were the ones who were trying to tell him he was a sinner. He never even raises his voice or gets flustered.
(Once he was arguing to some Jehovah's Witnesses, who wouldn't stop coming to his door when he asked them to, that raccoons were more pure and holy in they eyes of God than humans. If they had just stopped bothering him when he *politely* asked them, they wouldn't have left crying.)
Man, I did need him! lol

I am a christian, and love to debate and all, and of course I believe I am right (If you don't believe you are right then you change your belief to what you believe is right and then you believe you are right again.)
However, I don't believe in nagging or stooping down to "you're an idiot" They just aren't good arguments. I think religion is just like everything else. There are good people, and then there are those who just use it as a way to be superior and beat people over the head with it. However, if it wasn't religion they used to beat someone over the head with it would be something else.
Well, I could say more, but class just started.

As a "born again", "Christian", "Evangelical" "Protestant" (I wanted to make sure I got all those labels in there)....I am offended by the way she treated you. I would never do or say those things to you and I do not feel it is my place to judge others.

So you see - even though many of us wear "labels" put on us by others - four of which I've claimed above....we're not all alike.

Just wanted to not only say that I'm sorry she treated you that way - but also point out that not everyone who wears any of those labels acts that way...

Edited to add" right wing" and "conservative" among the labels I sometimes proudly - and sometimes not-so proudly wear...

I proudly wear them for what I believe - I not so proudly wear them when others who claim them act in a way I disagree with....

TinysMom wrote:
As a "born again", "Christian", "Evangelical" "Protestant" (I wanted to make sure I got all those labels in there)....I am offended by the way she treated you. I would never do or say those things to you and I do not feel it is my place to judge others.

So you see - even though many of us wear "labels" put on us by others - four of which I've claimed above....we're not all alike.

Just wanted to not only say that I'm sorry she treated you that way - but also point out that not everyone who wears any of those labels acts that way...

Edited to add" right wing" and "conservative" among the labels I sometimes proudly - and sometimes not-so proudly wear...

I proudly wear them for what I believe - I not so proudly wear them when others who claim them act in a way I disagree with....

:)

It's nice to know that not all people think the way she does.

Ditto, lol
TinysMom wrote:

I ditto Peggy.

It sounds like many of us have had a high pressure, oreven obnoxious, religious person trying to knock us into shape with their 10 pound Bible. I don'tenjoy that any more than you do! As a Christian, itmakes me sad when other people give me a bad name, by their bad behavior. I try to treat people kindly, no matter who they are. The Bible isn't just about judgement - it's also about love!

As a Christian, I have learnedthat EVERYONE is born a sinner (not just the big things, but lying, cheating, hating others, disrespecting your parents, are all examples of sin),and that sin has a penalty. I am STILL a sinner, and will be until the day I die, but the difference is that I am now able to have a relationship with God that I couldn't have before. That relationship changed me, and continues to change me.

Let me propose something that might or might not be relevant to Epic_Win's original post. As a Christian, I love other people (sometimes even strangers) enough to be concerned about the penalty for their sins. THEY may not agree...but to me, it makes perfect sense...If I truly care about you, I don't want anything bad to happen to you. You might not believe you are in danger...but the point is, "I" believe it. How could I call myself a caring person, or a friend, if I never warned you about a potentially dangerous situation? When my heart is moved to care about you, the most loving thing, to me, is to let you know you're in danger.

Here's an analogy (no analogy works 100%, so bear with me. ;)): If I was walking on a trail, and knew that over the next little hill there is a sudden, deep crevice across the whole width of the trail, and itwould damage you, or even kill you, to fall intoit,and you were heading straight towards it, I AM GOING TO SAY SOMETHING!! There's no way that I'm NOT going to warn you about the danger ahead. What kind of person would I be, if I didn't open my mouth?!

Friends, sometimes thisREALLY is the intention of Christians when they share their faith with you. It is because they are concerned about you!Okay, so maybe you say to yourself, "Poor delusional wabbitmom - she thinks I'm a sinner and that Godis going to judge me," but please don't assume that I have a mean streak in me, or that I think I am better than you. No. I just care about you. Even if you disagree withme, and even if you don't believe what I tell you, I care enough to open my mouth. I don't believe in badgering orbelittling people, but I also don't belive in going through life never caring about anyone but myself.

Hah. She's the one with the problem. Just ignore her and move on. She keeps doing it, sue her pants off for harassment. Again, agreeing with what some people said, religion doesn't belong in the workplace. And it should even belong anywhere. I always say "I don't care if your believe in god, just don't believe in religion', because these things always happen.

Latest posts

Back