I feel like a bad mommy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmoo06

Reaction score
My apartment is all wet(yay living on the ground floor that's half underground), so my buns don't have their normal place to run and play. I just feel really bad especially because I have the next 3 days off, so they would normally be out the entire time. Their rabbitat is an xpen, so I guess they're not tooooo closed up normally. They're just sitting there looking at me like "mommy?"

and thanks to you lovely people for suggesting a shopvac for hay because it has come in handy vacuuming up the water. lol. I have fans on the spots right now, so hopefully everything will be good to go soon(except we have more rain coming).

Their favorite spot to lay got wet. :(

You're not a bad mommy! You are actually a better mommy for thinking of them first and not letting them run in the wet spots. A bad mommy would be like, "screw it, do play in the dirty wet patches." They may not understand, but you are doing what is best for them. You're a good mommy! :)

I agree you should get a discount on your rent.

And Zaiya this is a shop vac, they're soo nice to have!

e7djzd.jpg
[/IMG]

Idk...i have one, but I use it for my car. I just use a regular vacuum cleaner for the hay messes that my buns make. Is there a certain nozzle piece for the shop vac to make it work the way you want it to?:vacuum:

Zaiya, I'm sure rabbit owners don't NEED them, lol. But they probably come in handy for sucking up poops and other messes bunnies make. :)

Ooooh... I just realized why I was confuzled! Most people keep their bunnies indoors, while I have to keep my rabbits outdoors due to my parent's allergies. I was wondering why I would need one. To vacuum up the poops from under the hutch to move to the compost pile? :p But it makes more sense to vacuum up things inside :)

Shop vacs do have different attachments for the hose. A plus with shop vacs is that you can vacuum up liquids with a regular vac you can't. We have several shop vacs. Two are large and one small. The small one did not do a good job for me getting up the hay especially the longer pieces and I don't have room to store a large one inside so I just use my house vac. It does clog after a while from longer hay so by hand I pick up the longer pieces and vacuum the rest. Thumper doesn't leave too many longer pieces and since I clean his room every day it only takes me about 15 minutes to do all the work.

I just thought of using my shop vac this week ! I usually use one of those hand brooms, the ones with the short handles, sweep them out. But I had the shop vac out anyways after cleaning the car, and wow. I will use it from now on. SO much easier.

Back