I feel awful!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMom

Reaction score
Scott was holding Hef last night when he noticedblood on his shirt and the couch. We turned him on his back(which he just loved) and noticed one of his toes was all bloody andthe nail was missing. I got out the baking soda and packedsome on it to stop the bleeding.

We have looked all over the apartment, but could not find the missingnail and there is no blood anywhere else. I don't understandhow this happened - I just trimmed and filed his nails the otherday! What else can be done to prevent stuff likethis? I don't like to see my little boy so upset.:(

Poor Punkin! I'm sure you were very upset, BunnyMom.

Hard to say how to prevent it if we don't know what causedit. I'm thinking Laura's got a point about it getting hung upon something, like the cage? :dunno:

Which nail was it?

-Carolyn

It was the outer nail on his back right foot - and he just hates having his back feet touched!:(

He does jump up on stuff a lot - the bed, the couch, the shelf next toSkittles' cage, the hay bin. We didn't see any blood onanything other than the couch and Scott's shirt. Maybe he gotit caught on the couch and the nail fell on the floorunderneath. I'll have to do some more checking when I gethome.

I just spoke with Scott at lunch and he said Hef seems fine today. :) Munching away as if nothing happened.

Aww, little mon is such a trooper- andquite the acrobat it sounds! If it's not the thumb nail, itshould grow back just fine.

Expect him to milk you for all the treats he can get while you're feeling guilty.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Expect him to milk you for all the treats he can get whileyou're feeling guilty.
Like he doesn't already! Who can resist that little fuzzy face?

Hef2.jpg

Yes they do!

Scott had a black lab named Velvet when he was a kid who was his bestbuddy. I keep telling him that Velvet came back as a littleblack bunny.:p

Pretty odd because the little one does have fur like Velvet. I think you're onto something there!

-Carolyn

BunnyMom wrote:
I just trimmed and filed his nails the other day!
Hi BunnyMom - what do you use to file his nails? Just a regular nail file?

And I am so glad he sounds like he is making a speedy recovery and has forgotten about his missing nail. :)

BunnyMom wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
Expect him tomilk you for all the treats he can get while you're feelingguilty.
Like he doesn't already! Who can resist that little fuzzy face?

Hef has Scott pretty well trained doesn't he!?!?;)

S'more ripped a nail out when she was digging at the carpet and she recovered fine.

HoneyPot wrote:
Hi BunnyMom - what do you use to file his nails? Just aregular nail file?
Yes - the same emery boards I use for myself. And of course(because I call Hef my "Little Monster") Scott and I sit there and dothe old Bugs Bunny routine - "Such an iiiiiinterestingmonster! The places you must go and the things you must see,my stars!":p

Latest posts

Back