I don't know What's wrong with my rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess it's ME!

I will release you ALL from your fears.

I will not be posting any more in the future.

So sorry for having intruded on your compassinate and friendly board. Ican assure you it will NOT happen again. reguardless of anything Imight have or want to say. helpful or hurtful. It will happen NOMORE. Ihope I have made everyone more comfortable.

Thanks for allowing this post.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Has anyone heard from Raph? Justwondering how Snuggles is doing. Inoticedhe said Snuggles was eating and pooping again. I just wantedto make sure we didn't loose sight of the fact that Snuggles wasn'tfeeling well.

I know things need to be said sometimes, but if I were a new comerlooking for advise for my sick bunny and my post turned into anarguement, it would be discouraging. However, I do think thatsome good advise for treating the bunny was definatelygiven.:D JMPO

I hope Raph wasn't turned off by ourdisagreement. We certainly don't want Raph to think that condescendingposts and mocking the forum's moderator and membersare thestandard here. I hope Raph comes back and sees that it is unfortunatethat such conflict took place on his/her post, and that it is not thenorm.

Raph,

Sorry I haven't let you know how Snuggles isdoing. He's getting better and starting to eat his regularfood. I'll let you know how the outcome is. Have toget back to Snuggles. Bye.

Joseph

Sohappy to hear it, Raph!

Snuggles is lucky to have you.

-Carolyn

Alrighty then........gloves off............THISIS SOOO STUPID!!!! This is a rabbit forum for GodSakes! This is a place where people come to pleasantly sharetheir interest in a pet or hobby. Emphasis on thePLEASANT. Please note all the smileys on all thepages. If a person has to work so diligently to be civil toothers and make a habit of apologizing for their erratic behavior on aregular basis, there is a problem. Dennis, you accuse Carolynof attacking you. IF she has, there must be goodcause. She warmly welcomes each new member and is graciousand kind to everyone. If you feel outnumbered and picked onthat's because you are. And it's your own fault. IFyou don't like it here, logout, delete the bookmark for this web siteand go somewhere else. You don't play well with others.

I'm so glad to hear Snuggles is doingbetter. It's very stressful when your little loved ones aresick or aren't feeling well. They're like little children:D

Joseph, please forgivemymanners. I am most sincerely pleased that yourbunny is feeling better and I'm sorry that your thread turned into anasty little mellow drama. Please believe us when we tell youit isn't normally this way. Please browse around a little andtry to get to know us. Truly, I'm sorry. Welcome tothe bunny board. :)

Raspberry

Raph54 wrote:
My rabbit just recently stopped eating and going tothe bathroom. I'm so worried about him. His name isSnuggles and he's only about 2 years old. I'm so worried, thegood thing is he'll still drink.

Sounds like excess gas. A lot of times, when a rabbit hasgas, he will stop eating and going to the bathroom. He might also seemlistless and will sit/lay in positions where his stomach is pressed tothe floor.

It's always a good idea to keep simethicone (also known as Children'sPhazyme liquid, available at drug stores)on hand for momentslike this. You can give your rabbit a dropper full every couple ofhours until he starts returning to his normal eating and eliminatinghabits.

RhapsodyInWhite wrote:

It's always a good idea tokeep simethicone (also known as Children's Phazyme liquid, available atdrug stores)on hand for moments like this. You can give yourrabbit a dropper full every couple of hours until he starts returningto his normal eating and eliminating habits.
Good advice on another item to keep in that bunny first aid kit!

Because Dwarf Hotots are prone to GI stasis, we also keep simethicone on hand for tummy discomfort.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
RhapsodyInWhite wrote:

It's always a good idea tokeep simethicone (also known as Children's Phazyme liquid, available atdrug stores)on hand for moments like this. You can give yourrabbit a dropper full every couple of hours until he starts returningto his normal eating and eliminating habits.
Good advice on another item to keep in that bunny first aid kit!

Because Dwarf Hotots are prone to GI stasis, we also keep simethicone on hand for tummy discomfort.

Pam
Older rabbits are also prone to some GI problems every nowand then, so that's another good reason to have it within reach.

Glad to hear it, Joseph! :dude:

What do you think it was? In the end, how long did his not eating last?

That happened to me once with Tucker when he'd missed his breakfast andlunch and supper one day. The next day he started nibbling again. I wasvery scared.

I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say, we're thrilled that Snuggles is okay.

-Carolyn

P.S. Thanks for the heads-up RhapsodyinWhite and Pamnock. Will get some for my first-aid kit. :)

Oh, Joseph, so happy to read that Snuggles is doing much better.

Please keep us updated on bunny's progress. :)

Latest posts

Back