I don't know What's wrong with my rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping one of our bunny pro's come onand give you some advice, BUT if it were me and the only thing my girlswere doing was drinking I would take them to the vet. There are variousreasons for Snuggles to stop eating and going to the bathroom-one ofthem might be a blockage in his/her? intestinal track. Have you triedcoaxing him to eat with a treat, pineapple or something he really likes?

Best of luck to you, let us know of the outcome please

Cher

Welcome aboard, Raph54,

I agree with Cher. If the little one's not eating or pooping,I'd take him to the vet as soon as I could get him there.Syringe feed him water. If they become dehydrated, they'll gointo shock.

Keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you and will say a prayer that he can be helped.

-Carolyn

Hello Raph,

could you post some more information as to any othersymptoms yourrabbit is exhibiting? Is there a hard lump in the belly? This would beWool or Furblock. As long as the rabbit is drinking he is not indire-straits yet. You can treat this problem by giving your rabbit abitof Meat tenderizer mixed in abit of water. You may have to use aneedleless syringe to feed this to him. tip his head and slowly releasethe liquid into his cheeke towards the back of his mouth. You can alsofeed a small piece of fresh Papaya or Pineapple. The enzyme will breakdown the protiens which are holding the blockage together. Stop allTREATS and you may have to stop the Pelleted feed for a few days. Feedonly Grasshay and rolled Oats. Be sure the rabbit is drinking. If notyou must force feed liquids. It is dehydration that most often killsthe rabbit. You should see string of pearls hanging from the Cage floorwire. This is a good sign, it meand the hay and ather things you gaveare doing their job. You want the fur to move through and out of thesystem. Best of luck. Things should fall into place in three days orless.

Dennis,C.V.R.

True about the Buck's idea of the papaya andpineapple, however, if the rabbit isn't eating, it probably won't takethat in either. You can certainly offer it, but don't be toosurprised if the little one doesn't bite. Personally, Iwouldn't wait a few days to treat a rabbit if it's not eating orpooping. The system must remain moving.

Good Luck, Raph and keep us posted.

-Carolyn

Joseph,

I hope you didn't misunderstand my post. I did not say to wait a fewdays to treat your rabbit. START right away and your rabbit should befine in a few days. If the rabbit will not eat the Pineapple or Papaya[Which most will as they have a sweet tooth] just give it the Meattenderizer as it will do the same thing. That is break down theproteins which are holding the blockage together. And I have knownabout Pineapple and papaya since I first started withrabbits14 years ago. JMPO I like Buck but he is not the only person who knowsanything about treating rabbit disease. Sorry Buck I had to say thatjust because. Joseph, if you can get your rabbit to take either or allof what I posted you will not need the services of a Vet. He or Shewould not be able to do much more unless your rabbit needs to go underthe knife! Best of luck with your rabbit whatever you choose to do.

Dennis,C.V.R.:p

Dennis,

Why must you cut your post with such negativity? We all know you know alot about rabbits. Many people on this forum do. This isn't a contest.Everyone shares their knowledge, stories, and opinions. You have loadsof experience with rabbits, and your advice is always very helpful, butyou might make others feel embarrassed when you boast and lay claim tomedical advice rabbit lovers can find in books. I hope others don'tfeel angry that I'm posting this. I just felt that your little jab atCarolyn and Buck was unfair and a bit sour.

Sarah wrote:
Dennis,

Why must you cut your post with such negativity? We all know you know alot about rabbits. Many people on this forum do. This isn't a contest.Everyone shares their knowledge, stories, and opinions. You have loadsof experience with rabbits, and your advice is always very helpful, butyou might make others feel embarrassed when you boast and lay claim tomedical advice rabbit lovers can find in books. I hope others don'tfeel angry that I'm posting this. I just felt that your little jab atCarolyn and Buck was unfair and a bit sour.

Well said.

-Carolyn

Thanks for the advice. He just thismorning started eating and going to the bathroom. I'm stillhand feeding him every once in a while just in case.

Glad to hear it, Raph! I would try the papaya or fresh pineapple to try to flush out his system anyway.

Keep us posted. Hope he continues to eat, drink, and poop.

:)

-Carolyn

Watch him very carefully. Not eating, pooping or drinking are not good signs.

Goodness gracious, Dennis, why in the world do you have to bring meinto your diatribes? I certainly do not claim to knoweverything about rabbits, nor do I cast aspersions at others who"...started withrabbits[sic] 14 years ago." regardless ofhowmuchthey may, or may not, know. I am verycareful to limit my comments to my own personal knowledge gleaned fromextensive reading and/or experience and I am more than happyto give due credit to whom it is due, whenever that is possible.

What I think you fail to understand here, Dennis, is that your commentsin print oft-times come off as pedantic, supercilious and overbearing. When, for whatever reasons, someone takes you totask for those shortcomings, you react by lashing out acrimoniously andcompounding the problem, or you respond very apologetically, in whichcase, most forum members are willing to forgive and forget and moveon...until the next time we are forced to endure a recurrence, again,and again, and again.

Dennis, this is a nice place, with nice people postinghere. I, among others, would like to keep it thatway. Could you lighten up and pay attention to what you'redoing ? You are very much in danger of becoming a completebore.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:

Goodness gracious, Dennis, why in the world do you have to bring meinto your diatribes? I certainly do not claim to knoweverything about rabbits, nor do I cast aspersions at others who"...started withrabbits[sic] 14 years ago." regardless ofhowmuchthey may, or may not, know. I am verycareful to limit my comments to my own personal knowledge gleaned fromextensive reading and/or experience and I am more than happyto give due credit to whom it is due, whenever that is possible.

What I think you fail to understand here, Dennis, is that your commentsin print oft-times come off as pedantic, supercilious and overbearing. When, for whatever reasons, someone takes you totask for those shortcomings, you react by lashing out acrimoniously andcompounding the problem, or you respond very apologetically, in whichcase, most forum members are willing to forgive and forget and moveon...until the next time we are forced to endure a recurrence, again,and again, and again.

Dennis, this is a nice place, with nice people postinghere. I, among others, would like to keep it thatway. Could you lighten up and pay attention to what you'redoing ? You are very much in danger of becoming a completebore.

Buck

very nice buck, and to that i only have this to add dennis i am quitesure you have your reasons for acting and saying the things that yousay, in almost all of the posts i have read that you have addedsomething to you were being rude or apoligzing for being rude,is thatreally nessasary? please if you are going to say you are sorry thanonly say it if you mean it. and not if you are going to turn around anddo it again because that means you are not sorry. and also please noexcuses to why you were in whatever mood, because excuses are like_ssholes everyones got one!

True about the Buck's idea of the papaya and pineapple, [Carolyn.]

The reason for my post. That was my information I never read that fromBuck. Why is it that Carolyn always seems to want to usurp anything Ipost? Why is it that she seems to be son against me. She has indeedacquired quite abit od knowledge in a short time. So what is the dealthat I am always seeming to be stifled by her. I only post my opinionand am always trying to help solve a problem. Seems like I am onlycreating problems. I suppose I should just keep my mouth shut, myfingers off the keyboard and look the other way. Everything seems to beunder control of the owner. Why is it that Carolyn cannot give anyonelse the benefit of the doubt that perhaps what they post came/comesfrom their own experience.

JMPO. Sorry for posting again. Though noone will believe it I am not attacking anyone. Just questioning.

Dennis,C.V.R. [Sorry if I offended anyone.

Everyone's input is valuable and we are lucky tohave so many well educated, rabbit savvy members to share theirexperience and knowledge! I've never felt that Carolyn hastried to usurp anyone in anyway, and I hope that no one thinks I wouldintentionally do that either. As Buck had mentioned in anearlier post, it's sometimes easy for veterans of the rabbit world tooverlook the obvious because we take basic rabbit care techniques forgranted and sometimes assume that everyone knows the basics.Itruly appreciate when someone has posted something I didn'tthink of and I never construe it as discounting my advice (plus thefact that I might learn something new!).

Let's take the edge off guys -- disagreeing with someone's post is nota personal attack and shouldn't be taken as one.

Pam

If anyone disagrees or gives a slightly different angle on a problemthan "Dennis" or "HankHanky", then he goes afterthem.Afterwards, he has all kinds of excusesto get people to feel sorry for him because he's beenvictimized. The people on this board see right through itthough.Attacking someone and then offering anapology doesn't make the attack okay.

Dennis, I've had a lot of people complaining about youand I don't blame them. You're the only one causingproblems. You're quickly becoming a troll. The onlytime there isn'tpeace and kindness hereis when youshow up.

Cool it.

-Carolyn

Well Thank you VERY MUCH Carolyn,

it must be nice to be PERFECT in every way!

I am so sorry that I post and each one offends you! Why is that Hmm? No need to answer, I already know!

Have a nice day,

Dennis,C.V.R [Your friendly neighborhood TROLL] I suppose since youhave already saddled me with it and Lord knows when you POST everybodylistens and "Quotes".

Honestly Dennis...i know its none of my business,but HOW OLD ARE YOU? When you find out why dont you startacting like it. These people are just stating their honest opinion,there is no reason to act like that.

Darlenenicole

Carolyn...or anybody at that matter...i hope youguys dont mind me stating my opinion..me being new to the board andall. I am just not one for holding back on anything.

You're not alone in your opinion,Darlene. You're most welcome to your feelings regardless ofthe fact that many feel the same way you do.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back