i dont know what to do!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, Mocha is far smaller then the dog but theyplay nicely, Mocha is not the smartest, running right between her legs,she could easily step on him, but he has yet to be stepped on! Maggiestarts growling when Mocha touches the piece of apple tree in the runbut that's all she does, doesn't attact, unless she wants to play tug awar with Mocha, she's a real sweet dog, but I always make sure I amthere to watch.

My friends dogs eat every rabbit they comeacrossed :( But they're not "bad" dogs... they're so sweet and cute andI want one! lol but they'd eat my poor little Megan! Even my hamsterattacked Meg :(

if anyone has AOL,my s/n is westpines84. please tell me yours (thebunny buissness is going pretty well)

Loz n Ebony wrote:
M&SMom, strange question, how old are you?

It's not a strange question, I'm not shy about my age, lol. I'm 16 years old.

Guess what! Instead of getting the rabbit, we aregoing to move into a ranch this winter or next summer! We are going tohave three horses. (that is whyI have been taking riding andcare lessons) My family is already positive that we will moveand have at least one horse.We are already looking! I foundone that is a mare (or a girl) is all black and is up foradopiton at a affordible price! They put her on hold for us. Anyways,thanks guys for all the advie you have given me. I really reallyappreciate it. talk to you later:D

I wanted a rabbit all of my life, ever since myolder sister read me the book, Leo the Lop, when I was just atodler. My favorite stuffed animal growing up was a littlewhite bunny. I was never allowed to have a rabbit thoughbecause my mom knew that she'd probably have to do all the work takingcare of one, and she was always so busy.

Now I am almost 20, and I finally have my bunny. I waited along time for my Emmit, and honestly, I can't wait to adopt a secondone. Bunnies are the best, but they are A LOT ofwork. I always had a dog and a cat, and now I think thatEmmit is more high maintenance, and more expensive than either ofthem.

Even so, he's worth it. He's loveable, adorable, hillarious,and such a unique animal. What can I say, I think Emmit ishere to stay...and I can't imagine a home of mine withoutone!

-Carrie

PS: When Martin and I talk about our future house/yard etc,we alway have a bunny room, or special bunny run outside...we'retotally addicted.

Emmits_mom wrote:
Bunnies are the best, but they are A LOT of work. I alwayshad a dog and a cat, and now I think that Emmit is more highmaintenance, and more expensive than either of them.

-Carrie

Hi, Emmits_mom! Would you mind elaborating onthis? This is an interesting perspective because I've beensaying that Sherman is much more low maintenance and lessexpensive than any dog or cat that I've ever had, albeit he requires alittle more supervision.

Interested in your thoughts. Thanks in advance. :)

lol, interesting, I'm only 16 and I already havethe plans for my bunny room. With tons of toys and access to an outsiderun that is completely enclosed in to ensure no escaping but they canhave free access to it. My parents think I'm nuts, but I tell them thatif I wasn't nuts, they wouldn't have anything interesting in theirlives!

M&SMom,for a 16 year old you have some big plans! From your postsand pictures it is very easy to see that you love yourbunnies!:D I also love the your last statement about yourparents not having anything interesting in their lives if you weren'taround! You seem to be a level headed and welladjusted teenager- a good thing to see in this day andage. Beckie

I have to agree. We have two dogs, oneand old wirehaired terrier, who is a great hunter, and theother a few years old, a rotti/shep mix. We also have 3cats. All the animals in the house know that anything in acage is off limits. We hatch chicks and such and the old dogwill "protect" them from the cats. When we got our Munchkin,our first mini-rex, she was a really small thing and lived in her cageon the coffee table. SHe would have the run of the couch inthe evenings while we watched TV. The dogs were curious andwatched her and they would rub noses. As she grew ahe startedto venture off the couch. And again they would just watchher. As she got bolder after about 6 months, she finallywould go off the carpet onto the wood floors, and then explored thewhole house. The larger, younger dog, always lays between thecoffee table and the couch. Munch would come running in, anduse her back to jump on the couch. SHe is so quick, that sheup, before Penny can even lift her head. The cats run theother way. I never leave them unsupervised, butthey all get along fine. It just takes time and patience andwon't work with every dog. YOu just have to know yourdog. Donna and Danny

I'm not 17 until January 21, 2005. lol, I always get lots of comments that people think I'm a lot older then I tell them.

Maybe I have just had low maintainence animalsbefore Emmit. Also, Emmit is entirely mine...the cat and dogwere my whole families, which my mom mostly took care of. Ishouldn't have said that bunnies are more than dogs or cats...i'llprobably feel differently when I have some of my own.

So to rephrase: Rabbits require more maintainence than Iexpected. Some people (obviously no one in this forum) thinkthat you can just leave them in a cage and they will be fine...but ofcourse we all know that this is not so. They need lots ofexercise, lots of love, training, and they needto be cleanedup after. Sorry for the confusion ;)

-Carrie

lol, high maintainence in that some think theyshould be served food off of a silver platter! (no namesmentioned*cough*Mocha, Sherman, Tucker, Apollo, etc.*cough*;)) I don't think I could leave my boys alone if I tried, I love tocuddle and play with them, Mocha's even learned how to roll a ball backto me. :D

[align=center]******************************[/align]
[align=left]BunnyMommy,[/align]
[align=left]Neat! I have yet to meet anybody with the same birthday as me.[/align]

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
lol, high maintainence in that some think they should beserved food off of a silver platter! (no namesmentioned*cough*Mocha, Sherman, Tucker, Apollo, etc.*cough*;))
Laura, you'reHILARIOUS!!!

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
I never QUITE abided by the rules. lol, I asked my dad, andwe started building before my mom knew, and by the time she found out,oops! Too late to say no! lol.

LOL my dad did that when I asked to get my ears pierced, took me outwithout my mum knowing... when she saw, it was too late for her to doanything about it!

He also bought me my first rabbit and built the hutch like your dad.. out of an old wardrobe of all things!

I love my dad to bits!! :D

Back