I did it!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyHasPaws

Reaction score
I made a NIC cage this weekend! I bought 3 pks and still have a few left over. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I have to say this is the first thing ive ever built!! I'm pretty happy with it :D If you see room for improvement please let me know, constructive criticism is always welcome!

P1010564640x480.jpg

P1010566640x480.jpg

P1010561640x480.jpg

Bugsy zooms up and down! He LOVES it!
P1010559640x480.jpg

P1010570640x480.jpg

It looks great to me! I am getting ready to jump on the bandwagon and make my own rabbit mansion using NICs too. And look at that fluffy pile of sleepy babies!! :bunnyheart

FallenRabbit wrote:
Awesome! What did you use as flooring?

a piece of untreated plywood. then i covered it with the sticky flooring. the box was about $30 and the wood was $14 a sheet (made the floor and shelves from it)!

I then lined the outside with coroplast to keep the poopies and hay in and i failed at that lol. I have to re-do it this weekend. I am done for this week though so poop and stuff will fall out and i'll just sweep.

cwolfec wrote:
It looks great to me! I am getting ready to jump on the bandwagon and make my own rabbit mansion using NICs too. And look at that fluffy pile of sleepy babies!! :bunnyheart

It is SO FUN!

When I want something I usually dont stop until I get it, the NIC cage is a product of that :)!

You're going to have so much fun building it!

Just a little advice, cut the zip ties AFTER you're done. My arms are all scratched up!

Love it!! Good job!! I was so overwhelmed about NIC cages...I'm impressed :)

And the pile of babies...? Um too cute!!!

Thanks Lisa!

I was too, but once you actually start and have the NIC panels infront of you its easy!!! Takes a lot of time though. I'm not finished just yet, I need to make it pretty and colorful with lots of toys!

I bought the panels from Kmart, they were on sale for $19.99 a box.. i bought 3 boxes and still have about 11 or 12 panels available. My friend told me she saw them this weekend at BJ's on super sale 3 boxes for $25!! I'm not sure on the exact measurements of the squares but I do know they are the big ones. I'll measure for your tomorrow..

i'm glad i inspired you! Its really worth it, so very rewarding to see my bunnies zoom up and down and Bugsy even binkies on his way down sometimes, its really cute lol :)

:inlove: the babies are so super sweet!!!!

This is a fantastic house! My only caution would be if Bugsy and Oreo are right next to eachother you might still have a wee bit of an issue. Girls can be very accomidating and they may breed through the bars. Just a caution for a few weeks until the neutering can be fully effective. I hope the white pannels keep them apart enough it won't be an issue.

What a happy, beautiful home :)

I really hope she doesnt accomodate!!! Maybe I should put the coroplast all the way up? I want them to be able to see eachother though! When I open the cage to clean or whatever she RUNS into his side and its almost like she's inviting him for a freebie!!!! Man, now i'm worried..

Thanks Brandy :)

See this really makes me want to build a NIC condo. Melody is in a 4x4 cage and my fiance hates how much room it takes up because it's also about 4 feet high.
In my little house thats a lot of space (He puts up with my buns because I love them but he's not crazy about them).

cerigirl wrote:
See this really makes me want to build a NIC condo. Melody is in a 4x4 cage and my fiance hates how much room it takes up because it's also about 4 feet high.
In my little house thats a lot of space (He puts up with my buns because I love them but he's not crazy about them).
My husband was just like that. I swear after I built this he is sooooo much happier!! It doesnt take up any of the space it use to! It was crazy before. My living room was full of cages and it really did look bad. Yesterday he was just staring at the babies (he is FASINATED by them!) and chubba (the one laying upside down) was trying to get a drink of milk from mama, he was just about to get it because she was busy eating and one of my kids let out a blood curling scream for no reason! My husband told him "LOOK WHAT YOU DID! YOU MESSED IT UP FOR THE MAN! YOU NEED TO CHILL OUT WE HAVE BABIES IN THE HOUSE!!!" It might be minimul to some, but that meant so much to me!! We've come a long way with him and the bunnies.. he's finally loving them because they arent taking up his living room anymore!!!!

MiniLopHop wrote:
Well, if it does happen you can ship the babies off to my house ;)

The little one laying up-side-down may need a tracking device :whistling

LOL!

If it does happen I would be heart broken. I wouldnt be able to keep that litter and it would kill me!!

I told my husband what you said and he stayed so quiet on the phone! LOL! I asked him what he was thinking and he said "we have no more room..." he was invisioning 12 bunnies hoping around! poor guy! lol

Latest posts

Back