I did it! I applied for a job.... AT THE PET STORE>

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showrabbits

Reaction score
Well I did it.

We went to the local pet store, and I saw a sign. Somehow I got talkedinto filling out a application by my sister and my mom. Dont realy needthe money but soppose it would be nice to have some extra cash that idont have to safe for the 150 dallor monthly feed bill. (who would ofthought that rabbits eat so much. LOL. Of course most of them aregrowing flemish so I soppose that that could be the reason.)

It asked what experiences I had. There was onlye five lines. I had towrite on the back of the application. LOL. Im not sure whether or notthey liked the fact that I have a rabbitry, I am hoping that if they dothey will call me and ask me about it. The store is pretty good abouttaking in any unwanted animals, and pretty good warantees for theiranimals that I agree with. In all they do better than all of the otherpet stores in the area.

I GUESS IM IN TROUBLE NOW................. LOL.....

Bless your heart, showrabbits.

The pet store would lose the best employee they could have walk in thedoor. What a great thing for people who shop there to have someone likeyou that is so knowledgeable of animals. That's truly a breath of freshair.

You have to be careful though. Before you know it, you'll be taking all of the little one's home.

It's so nice to think that the animals that start out there will haveyour tender loving care to start them off. I hope you get it. The storewould be crazy to pass you by.

By the way, that is an adorable avatar. :)

Best of Luck! (Not sure if I'm wishing that for you, the animals, or the customers.)

-Carolyn

Just a word of caution about working in a petstore, and having pets at home......consider your clothing, as well asyour skin "contaminated" when you leave work. Change clothesand wash up before handling your own pets, or working in yourrabbitry. This was a cautionpresented to us taking the C.N.A. class, and now again as we are out inClinicals in the Nursing Program. Only in this case, it washuman contamination being carried home to other members of our families.

- Dolores

Thanks for the tip. I use to volunteer at thelocal animal shelter and I was carefull not to bring homeanything.(well at least as far as diseases go. LOL. ended up bringinghome anew born kitten and raising it, a dog, and a very verymean rabbit. LOL)I am already plannning to feed and water myrabbits in the morning before I leave and then take a shower when I gethome, and do what ever else I want to do (wich there always is stuff)that afternoon when I get home. The place where I applied also has youwear like a uniform. Its like safari uniforms. LOL cant realy see me inthe uniform yet. Its not realy exstreme its like tan pants, and tanshirt.

Good luck with the job! I hope you getit! :) I'd take everything home too!LOL Every time I go into one, I want to take somethinghome... be it a fish, rabbit, hamster... :D

Back