I Can't Find Sherry! (Um, Nevermind!!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
67.gif
My new roomie was moving in, I forgot that the frontdoor was left open (the bunnies are used to going out on the porch butthey never go anywhere from there).. I found Dill upstairs in thehallway, but no Sherry.

I don't know if somebody took her (there's been a lotofvagrants discovering how nice my neighbourhood islately)or if she fell or jumped off the porch orwhat.

A hawk has been seen going after the pigeons:shock:but it's apparently a fairly small hawk, the porch is covered, a hawkcouldn't swoop down from above -- it would have to fly in straight tocome in under the roof. Can they do that?

Sherry's probably close to 3lbs... maybe 2.5.I didn't think the hawkwoud be aproblem, although ever since I heard about ithangingaround,thebunnies haven't beenallowed out. Until today. :( Notufts of bunny hair or anything like that around.

I'm VERY upset ... and so is Dill...

Meanwhile, I'm trying to print a Missing Bunny poster, tryingto do little handouts with four images on one 8.5x11 page(I'musing Word 2000), and I can't work the stupidprogram.Anybody know how to do that? (Myprinter isn't working, borrowed the roomies, and it's almost out ofink, can't spend much time or ink experimenting).

sas

sherrycrop0310-6.jpg

Well, thanks, that must have worked. :)

She just appeared on the front porch. The only thing I canthink of was that she was stuck inside the porch couch -- underthecouchbut above the fabric. I hadstarted topulland feel around under there becauseyou can usually feellittle feet or the tension from littlefeet, but nada this time. Iwas going to explore itmore thoroughly and gotdistracted, but I just went out tocheck with a neighbour,came back in and,asusual,shone the flashlight around (not expecting anything)and there she was. :)

Whew! I had almost written her off!

Dill was so sad... he became very needy and followed me around lookingfor pats and kisses. When I brought her in andplopped her beside Dill (who hasn't eaten all day since shedisappeared) and they both looked very relieved and made a beeline forthe food dish. (Not even a 'hello').

I think I might do that myself. :)

sas:bow pipp :bunnyheartdillandsherry:bunnieskiss radar and darry :toastingbuns

This reminds me of the day when we found outthat our back garden was not as bunny tight as we thought. We were sopleased when Liquorice decided to return after an hour looking none andthe worse and wondering what all the fuss was about. Worth posting tomake sure others don't have to go through this.

Well Pipp hopped out the back gate at herprevious owner's place, went trucking down the alley and into somebodyelse's house through their open back door.

And Dill always comes racing over when ever he's called.

But Sherry's a quiet, shy little thing. (I didn't for aminute think she had left the porch willingly -- either somebody orsomething took her, she slipped and fell or ... she was theresomewhere! (Really thought I searched thoroughlythough). :huh

It seems to me someone here (well, here on RO) who lives in the UK hada garden bunny that wandered off fairly often, the last time for over aweek. But the bunny came back. :)

They're such clever little things, and they know when they've got it good. ;)

sas et al

I can really sympathise with you on this! I lost BunBun today for 30 minutes and it was agonising.

Firstly, he had moved into a new cage indoors to get used to it, thenwe moved him outdoors (it's spring here, nice and warm) and went to getthe grocery shopping and someone had taken him. He couldn't have openedthe cage himself as it has really good latches and he certainlycouldn't open the gate. I was so upset and crying and walking aroundthe neighbourhood looking for him but he wasn't anywhere. So I sitinside with my partner for a while and suddenly get the feeling to golook again and there he is sitting out on the front lawn! I have neverbeen more relieved in my life.

His cage is now firmly seated back indoors! I havn't had my eyes offhim all day. My bigest concern right now is my other rabbit, I hopethat whoever took him didn't put them together at all to 'do the deed'.Her spaying hasn't really been a huge issue until this as there were noother rabbits near her and spaying is so uncommon in my country thatit's hard to find a vet willing to do exotics.

Yikes! That must have been awfully scary, butI'm so glad you found her. You tell that rabbit that there'll be nomore funny business:disgust:

Wow, who would have taken BunBun? :ph34r2That's way too strange! :shock:

I wonder if he got away and came back or if they dropped him off?

My Old English Sheepdog went missing years ago, I was pretty sure shewas stolen. I woke up really early onemorning,still really sleepy, looked out the window and saw acar pull up. The rear door opened, and out came this foot --with my dog at the end of it. Then the car spedoff. I guess they figured out how much sheate/pooped/matted up/smelled or something.:rofl:

No matter where they were, gladare babies are home safe!

sas et al

Aww im glad you have found your bunny!Mine have hopped off a few times under the garden fence etc!It is realy upsetting thinking you have lost your baby forever.

Thats really strange about your dog! :shock:But really niceof the people who bought her back. They could of doneanything else with her :(But luckily they didnt.

SO glad you found Sherry - I know how itis. I once lost Misty for about 1/2 hour and I was sopanicked and ironically enough, it turned out that was the day shediscovered she could climb into my box spring to take a nap.

:D

These bunnies will kill us slowly

_________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back