I cannot believe it has been a year since Benjamin passed to the Bridge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmas rabbit

Reaction score
It has been a year since we lost Benjamin, the absolute worst Christmas ever. We had come home Christmas day last year and he was sitting out in the rain. By morning he had a raging fever and was in pain. We rushed him at 7 am to the vet, and since he had a similiar episode in Sept, they figured it was just another case of GI Statis. They gave him fluids and appeared to be improving. We were suppose to pick him up when we picked Len's mom up from the airport that evening. He went into seizures and died 10 minutes before we got there and someone else held my baby as he died. He was still warm when we got there.
Benjamin was my heart bunny, a big old fluffy fat and agreeable little man of 14 pounds who loved nothing better than climbing into bed and snuggling for hours. He loved his food and his yard. He had several very special ladies on the forum, Fraggles whom he dreamed about bunny napping, Daisy Mae the widdle cuttie in Ontario and Becky ( even though she had a bunny husband ). He loved them all. Although we never really knew what had caused his passing by checking the forum and some of the stories I would have to put it down to bladder sludge.
Christmas was so hard, it brought back all the memories of packing the tree up after we got home from the vet. Some of the ornaments were broken from my tantrum. Memories of him sitting under the tree the year before, running in his yard and in general just being "Benjamin".We often would say if pigs could fly Benjamin was a tiplicale example of this when he
binkyed around his yard. Some may other bunnies on the forum have passed this year, some at, before or just after Christmas. Benjamin would have been waiting for them adding their names to the Santa Paws list.

Benjamin was a very special boy and was very lucky to have lived with a great family like you guys. It's terrible to lose them, but at least you know that he had a good life with people who loved and adored him.

So sorry about Benjamin.
I'm sure Christmas will bring back some memories and hopefully you have fond memories of Benjamin
RIP Benjamin, binky free

Latest posts

Back