I am so upset

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jashaira

Reaction score
The girl next door was trying to get Goliath out of his cage when I heard his scream. I ran to see what happened and she broke his toe. :( It is just hangging and I can see the bone. I am bring him to the vet tomorrow he is eatting and drinking just fine. So my poor big boy who was just starting to do good in show no longer can show. My son who shows him is just so upset he has no bunny to show now more. I hope to get him breeding and he can keep a nice baby to show next year. I feel bad for poor Goliath he is such a good boy.

Is there any chance you can get him to an emergency vet tonight? That sounds like a pretty serious break. If you can't, I would keep him in a small space so he can't move much, and keep an eye on him for signs of pain. He might be in shock right now, which is why he isn't showing signs of pain now.

I called the vet and she said I would have to go to Tanpa that is a 30min drive. So she told me as long as he is eatting and drinking and pooing he will be fine till we go in the moring. He is in a small cage right now I did clean it and there is no bllod but the toe is clearly broken off just hangging by the skin. I know all the are going to do is clip it off stich it and give me some meds. He will be fine just him being a show bunny is no more :(

OK, try to keep him warm too. A heating pad or hot water bottle can help.

That's great. So glad it has all been sorted so quickly :)

Why was the girl next door messing with your rabbits?

If it heals right, he should be good. Maslow broke his toe, very obviously, and it healed badly. One judge DQed him for it, but the second one overlooked it and he won best Brittania Petite Chestnut Buck.

Now he can't be shown because he is fixed. ^^;;

That is what I was asking. She comes over to play with my daughter my oldest told her to leave him alone not to pick him up. She did anyways. I then go to the mother of this girl to try to get her to pay for it but her husband don't come home until tonight. I even told her if she could pay for 1/2 or something. even if it is a monthly payment I don't care. Look like she not paying for anything. Now no child is aloud in the house at all.

I'd present them with a bill anyway.
If you want to maintain good relations, you might decide to let it slide. Otherwise, I would check into small claims. Here, it's $25 to file, though that varies from county to county. $400 is a lot of money for you to pay because someone's kid doesn't know how to behave.

All of my neighbors think I'm crazy anyway, so I'd file for the money

Sue her. Many lawyers don't charge you unless you win, and they take a third of the settlement. It's a civil suit, and you can do it. You might get some money, and you will definitely prove a point -- which you need to do. You shouldn't lose money either way.

People need to watch their bratty kids and take responsibility for them. If you had a dog, and the dog when onto THEIR property, and bit the kid, not only would the dog probably be taken from you and KILLED, you would most likely be sued. This situation is no different. THEIR child, that they are responsible for came onto YOUR land, and DAMAGED your 'property', and you had to pay for it because they refused. That's definitely lawsuit material.

If you let it slide, that kid is going to run around like queen-princess-goddess and do more damage to more people because her parents refuse to keep her in line. Being annoying is one thing, going onto private property when asked not to and destroying stuff is another.

Moro Ferret wrote:
Sue her. Many lawyers don't charge you unless you win, and they take a third of the settlement. It's a civil suit, and you can do it. You might get some money, and you will definitely prove a point -- which you need to do. You shouldn't lose money either way.
no reason to go to the hassle of hiring a lawyer. All you can get is actual damages, so the amount of the vet bill $400. That is small claims court. Most lawyers won't even bother with cases unless the amount is several thousand dollars.

You pay the filing fee (usually less than $50) and on the appointed day, you show up and tell the judge the facts. Kid entered your property, removed rabbit from cage after being told not to, rabbit was injured, vet bill was $400.

If the neighbors don't show up, you get the judgment automatically. Otherwise, the judge weighs both stories and gives his verdict. You should at least receive half the vet bill. The only thing that might weigh against you is not having a lock or something on the cage - Judge could say that you didn't do enough to protect the bunny and/or consider it an "attractive nuisance" Either way, the neighbors will get the message that you are serious.

Latest posts

Back