I am so STUPID!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Why hadn't I put it all together? Fenwick oftensneezes right after I've fed him! I checked the pellets for dust butjust realized he's sneezing when he eats the oatmeal.

stupid stupid stupid!

Anyway, as soon as I took the oatmeal away, he stopped sneezing.

Bo, you were right! I can't believe I missed that! I'm sure it's not his only trigger, but apparently it's a big one.

Hopefully this will help!

Rose

I'm so glad you found it!!! Too bad it's such a good treat :(

I knew it was like Bo!

Strange thing tho.... make sure he's not OINKING at you..... When Bo iswanting something he will oink and it sounds just like asneeze. He did it to me about 5 min ago! I walkedby him and he made this tiny little Pweeeep sound... and shook his earslike "Ohhhh Mommy's getting me out to play" LOL

Yep, that's how bo did with the alfalfa hay!

Poor bunny had allergies ...... good thing you got it figured out.... :D

what kind of oatmeal can you give your buns? I think I have peach flavoured stuff lol

Well, they can't have those. They needto be the cookstyle oats, plain. Like in the tall cardboardround container?

They shouldn't have too many either. I use about 4 or 5 to treat bo now and then

Some people give them about 1 tsp a day..

lol

Not peach, that's for sure! hehe

Try regular rolled oats. Quick oats and instant are too dusty, even for buns without allergies.

Fenny can't tolerate any of it, apparently, but he's the only bun I know who's allergic to OATMEAL!

Rose

haha okay, sorry I didn't know haha I thought bunnies liked fruit :p

I have Peach and Apple Cinnamon haha, I guess Quaker Oats Oatmealflavours aren't for them... Peppy loves pineapple, because he'sshedding so much right now I decided to give him a small piece once aweek just to make sure all that fur he's probably eating won't clog histummytum.

He likes celery, that's usually his daily treat. What other lil snacks can I give my bun?

I have those Yogurt Drops he adores! Thanks to Carolyn!! But he doesn'tget those very often just because I assume they're full of sugar.

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
He likes celery, that's usually his daily treat. What other lil snacks can I give my bun?

A chunk of whole wheat dried bread is the best. My buns start vibrating with anticipation when that stuff comes out!

Rose

dried bread? You mean like, let it sit out for a bit until it goes crusty and hard??

I was thinking about giving him just normal bread but wasn't sure if it was healthy or not.

rabbitgirl wrote:
MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:

A chunk of whole wheat dried bread is the best. My buns start vibrating with anticipation when that stuff comes out!

Rose
I gave Bo dried (dehydrated) cranberries from the World Market. He likes them......

I got him CRAISENS today.... and he shook his head trying to find thewonderful smell that would be his treat LOL! He couldn't findit fast enough and almost lost it LOL!

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
dried bread? You mean like, let it sit out for a bit untilit goes crusty and hard??

I was thinking about giving him just normal bread but wasn't sure if it was healthy or not.

Processed (white)breads are no better for rabbits than theyare for us. In general, the darker the bread, the morehealthy it is. You'll want to use *whole grain*bread. Remember to limit treats asa dietofpellets, mixed greens and hay provide the bestnutrition for pet rabbits.

Pam

My buns go cookoo for cherios (sp?) and a fewraisins. That is thier very fav treat. They alsolike apple and craisins but not quite as much.

Jen

pamnock wrote:
Processed (white)breads are no better for rabbitsthan they are for us. In general, the darker the bread, themore healthy it is. You'll want to use *whole grain*bread.
Pam

Very very true. We always eat whole wheat anyway, so I don'teventhink about it. Did I mention whole wheat? I don'tthinkmine even eat white bread. I think I tried it once whenwe were out of the other....they are really picky....

Rose

Jems wrote:
Mybuns go cookoo for cherios (sp?) and a few raisins. That isthier very fav treat. They also like apple and craisins butnot quite as much.

Jen
Oh yes, Bo loves a cheerio! He goes crazy if he hears anyone in thecereal cabinet...... It's sort of heart breaking when you hear himrunning around in his cage thinking he's getting something and reallyyou're fixing the kids a bowl for breakfast LOL!

I haven't tried raisins yet, he loves apple, banana and craisins.

He's so spoiled!

Ok, I didn't want to sound dumb, but I never knew what a craisin was either! LOL

Now that I do though, I'm going to check it out formy bunbuns. Maybe they'll be easier on their system than raisins, no stinkypoop.

Latest posts

Back