I am SO madd!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber55

Reaction score
So my friend asked me how my bunny was doing and i went on a little rampant speech about how much i love my little bugger and how he has such a fun personality.
And she says to me "How does it have a personality. Amber its a rabbit it doesn't0000 have feelings or emotions its just a rabbit."
And this is coming from the girl who was going to buy my bunny if i didn't get to him first!
Can you imagine how badly cared for he would have been!?
That just gets me sooo mad!

I agree of course they have feelings, mine have off days and eclipse my little girl definitely grieved the passing of her mother Truffle.
At least you know that your bun will be living with someone who will take very good care of it and I bet your bun knows too!

I think people who don't have rabbits or never had a rabbit just think that, or she just might not be a rabbit person, I think rabbit people think totally differently from ''normal'' people. Like my friend has rabbits and she still looks at me funny when I hug and kiss my rabbits and talk to them.

amber55 wrote:
So my friend asked me how my bunny was doing and i went on a little rampant speech about how much i love my little bugger and how he has such a fun personality.
And she says to me "How does it have a personality. Amber its a rabbit it doesn't0000 have feelings or emotions its just a rabbit."
And this is coming from the girl who was going to buy my bunny if i didn't get to him first!
she's jealous because you got to him first :D

I have friends like that and it drives me crazy too. I just stopped talking to them about my animals. They don't seem to understand why I love them as much as I do and do the things I do for them. I would get so frustrated talking to them that I just had to stop bringing my animals up to certain friends. It sucks but I am a lot less frustrated when I do talk to them.

i love this thread,,my exotics are my life,,without them i think life would be-much less fulfilling,.i know there are people who have no idea of how important our lifes evolve with theirs,//,there are people who get without thinking,,,because its easter,or a birthday,,and the animal gets put on the shelf like a cabbage kid,//,the whole purpose of this website is to help people,help them,,an animal(rabbit)can change people,,thank god we understand this,,sincerely james waller

I too agree with Flashy. It is ashamed for her that she is not owned by a bunny, and doesnt know the greatness that bunnies can be.

I can understand where the mentality comes from. Most people who have never owned or thought of owning a rabbit take what they see from movies/TV/stories from uneducated owners, and assume that's all there is to owning a rabbit. They think it's like owning a hamster, you get a cage you plop the animal in and give it some pellets and that's it. Even I thought that was all there was to it about a year ago, before I started researching them more and thinking about owning any. It never even crossed my mind that they could be litter trained and left to wander around on their own without fear of never being able to catch them. Anyone I ever knew with rabbits housed them in tiny little outdoor hutches that just smelled so badly. They never came out, they never ate vegetables, they were lucky to see a piece of hay. I didn't even bat an eye at it, that's how all the rabbits I had seen lived, I just thought they were abnormally smelly little creatures and that pellets were all that they needed.

Now my room is literally littered with rabbit toys, rabbit litter boxes, and the loose strands of hay that will forever plague me. I think about all those years I just completely ignored rabbits as a pet possibility and how now I spend most of my time in pet stores digging through their toy or accessory aisles looking for new things that will last probably a day before being shredded to bits.

It IS annoying though, I start talking about the rabbits and then whoever I'm talking to slowly starts to zone out and nod their head. Then there's the ever present conclusion of: bunnies are boring! once I get to the end of whatever I was talking about.

angieluv wrote:
amber55 wrote:
she's jealous because you got to him first :D
Haha i know she is because she actually got mad at me for it. But her family just bought a dog and 2 ferrets for her they weren't going to let her take it so i don't see what the big deal is haha.

Amy27 wrote:
I have friends like that and it drives me crazy too. I just stopped talking to them about my animals. They don't seem to understand why I love them as much as I do and do the things I do for them. I would get so frustrated talking to them that I just had to stop bringing my animals up to certain friends. It sucks but I am a lot less frustrated when I do talk to them.
Yeah its just she brings him up! haha but what ever i dont care hes mine and if i think hes great i dont need her approval! haha

Flashy wrote:
Maybe just try and pity this girl that she is missing out so much (although thankfully she doesn't have a rabbit).
I pity animal owned by her if that's what she thinks of little animals.

My boyfriend doesn't believe animals have feelings :)?) but he takes fantastic care of his rabbit.

If you're gonna have an animal, why wouldn't you treat it right?

But I believe animals have feelings. Dave and I argue about it constantly. :biggrin2:

irishbunny wrote:
I think people who don't have rabbits or never had a rabbit just think that, or she just might not be a rabbit person, I think rabbit people think totally differently from ''normal'' people. Like my friend has rabbits and she still looks at me funny when I hug and kiss my rabbits and talk to them.
my friend does not have any pets but helps me walk them and looks me funny aswel

Look at this every bun lover didn't always start off that way. Some with time see there is so much more. How many here got a rabbit because they thought it was an easy pet.

Latest posts

Back