I am so LIVID.. I wanna kill my daughter.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
As many of you all know, I did help raise my stepdaughter. Her mother died when she was 4. She is now 22.

When she 20 she got pregnant with her boyfriends child. We all hated Keith, he was a lay about, no good for nothin, couldn't keep a job, and was always full of excuses. When Tristan was around a month old, Keith and Chandra had a knockdown dragout that I ended up breaking up..they split up after that and child support was arranged through the state. She went back to school and continued to work.

After my grandson Tristan was born, I had to pony up money for meds, diapers, formula and the like, because Chandra was either still on maternity leave, or her WIC hadn't kicked in yet.

Before she ever even got pregnant, we offerred her $5K to put down on a brand new car. Well she informed us that despite the fact she could was still living at home and had no bills, she was not interested in paying full covergae insurance, so we either had to pay for everything or she didn't want it. So she bought a P of S Saturn that I have had to put 2 sets of tires on, have various repairs done to, not to mention put gas in.

ANYWAY, we saw her Christmas, and we saw her Easter, at Easter she wore this very strange Chanel knockoff boucle jacket, all buttoned up, over a shirt that didn't match the jacket. Really did not think too much about. When she calls, she usually only calls when she wants something, so when I answer, well the last 2 times anyway, I have been very matter of fact and to the point, not in the mood for her beating around the bush niceness untill she gets to the point where she tells me what she wants.

At one point, after Jarred died, and I told her why Blake and I would not be attending Tristans birthday party, because it was the same day as Jarred's service. (Christian ended up going with Rick's mom, and we just sent our gifts along with them, and Rick, me and Blake went to the service) Chandra told us that she was sick of it, the she was born BEFORE Blake and Christian, SHE should come first, and we need to stop putting out money on those stupid pigs, and cattle and rabbits and start contributing more to her needs... yeah.. I ended up tellin her how the cow ate the cabbage..

Then we were told she was pregnant, months later we were told she had a misscarriage.

So this past Friday night,Rick and I went to Wal-Mart with Stormy, Blake's girlfriend. Me and Stormy walked up on Rick and he had this look of absolute anger, he pulled me aside, he said he ran into Chandra, and she looked as big as a house, and that if shes pregnant AND hiding it.. that's it for her . He also informed me that Chandra literally ran from him.

So we walk around Wal-Mart looking for her.. can't find her.. so I call her grandmother.. basically she hasnt even admitted it to her grandmother either, she only knows cause she snooped through her papers.. shes having a baby boy due June 18th.. with KEITH.

So I called her and left messages.. no reply.. I used a PI friend of mine and tracked her down to her new apartment, which Keith's car was there... and left notes on both cars. No response.

We are told she is scared of her Daddy.. for what? he has never hit her, or degraded her, whats he going to do? ground her? take away her birthday? I can kinda understand why she isnt talking to me, I was pretty p*ssy when she told me she was more important than my kids with her father. Why she isn't telling her grandmother is beyond me either..

What does she think she is gonna do? send us a graduation announcement for this kid and keep him hidden for the next 18 years? show up at Christmas and say * look what followwed me home, isnt he cute, I think im gonna keep him.*

A friend suggested perhaps she is going to give the baby up for adoption hence why she is keeping it a secret. Well that's been blown out of the water since I noticed the storage building was gone thru while we were gone, and the crib, and strollers and bassinet and bags of newborn clothes are gone now.

So, I ask ya'll, because obviously my judgement is not clear.. what the HECK is going on in her brain?

All I got to say is why in the WORLD would she think SHE comes first before Blake and Christain!? That's crazy! You guys have already given her help, so she shouldn't of blown off when you didn't go to Tristan's party. It was just one party and there's many more to follow, but you guys lost a close friend; she should of given you guys the break. ;)

I can't believe she told you that about your kids, and the animals! That's just crazy.

Anyway, I just wish you loads of good luck. I hope this mess settles out into something good.

Emily

Oh god, irritating family.. family that isn't even yours! I just found out my stepmum (who is 29, my Dad is 43) has run off with some other guy after living the lavish life of luxury with my millionaire Dad, buying designed clothes and driving a new car ever week. He never has time for me, i see him once or twice a year and he buys me a new pair of shoes or something, while she runs around viewing million pound country manors and spending hundreds of pounds on new furniture from Laura Ashely. I think its so annoying because you might not like these people, although you still 'love' them because they are 'family'. I think no matter what your own children, regardless if you consider her your own 'child' seeing as you brought her up, are more important than your step-daughter. If she doesn't want to talk to you, why does she have the right to deny money off you?

I understand how you feel.

Oh, and my Dad is sueing my Stepmum for adultery, good on him.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

What is going on with her brain... The short answer, she has no brain and thinks with her crotch. She probably doesn't want to face any criticism of her poor choices. If she were giving the child up for adoption, she would not need the crib and baby items. Infants are surrendered at the hospital so the mother doesn't take them home.

I think you and your DH have done way more than most parents would. She is an adult and had chosen her path. Too bad it will affect her kids. I doubt there is a darn thing you can do to help her or to improve her life other than pouring money into a bottomless pit. I say because she is an adult and on her own, of course your children at home come first, middle and last.

Seniorcats-

What your saying is prolly right on the money, in EVERY aspect, but here is where my dilemma lies. Everytime I have EVER screwed up in my life, my parents have NEVER abandoned me, ever, Same for my husbands, but ... the diff being, neither me or my husband have NEVER screwed up like this, we are lightweights compared to her.

So I guess I am wrestling with, do I try to help her, AGAIN... or do I just resign myself that I have done what I can, she is an adult, she needs to think about her choices, and let the chips fall where they may.

I have a hard time walking away from things that I care about.. but she is pushing me to the limit of not giving a ****...

But then.. what kind of person does that make me..

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Seniorcats-

What your saying is prolly right on the money, in EVERY aspect, but here is where my dilemma lies. Everytime I have EVER screwed up in my life, my parents have NEVER abandoned me, ever, Same for my husbands, but ... the diff being, neither me or my husband have NEVER screwed up like this, we are lightweights compared to her.

So I guess I am wrestling with, do I try to help her, AGAIN... or do I just resign myself that I have done what I can, she is an adult, she needs to think about her choices, and let the chips fall where they may.

I have a hard time walking away from things that I care about.. but she is pushing me to the limit of not giving a darn...

But then.. what kind of person does that make me..
You are very, very blessed to have the kind of parents who were always there. I understand now. I have a lot of respect for you for not wanting to abandon her. It sounds like you have made every effort possible to contact her and she should know you are looking for her. I really think it's her turn to make the next move. It doesn't sound like the boyfriend is preventing her from contacting her own family. Maybe once the baby is born she will wake up?

Maybe once the baby is born she will wake up?
Naw....then she will feel even more entitled. Some people just never wake up and smell the coffee. Hugs to you Zin.

she needs to grow up... when I had my oldest daughter i was 18 and i had to grow up really fast... my mom helped me some but i did most of it on my own... I ave no idea what could be going thry her mind...

I am so mad this is the second time i am writting this because it timed out on me so here it goes........ again,lol
I think there comes a point in time that you need to let her fend for herself. If you are always there to pick her up, dust her off, and stand her back up how is she going to know how and what to do. I t hi nk by always being there to bail her out is doing her aninjustice god forbid something happen to you and your hubby and you cant help her anymore she is not going to know what to do or how to do it. I think she is 22 and has a second c hild on the way it is high time she take control of herself, and her life and deal with the choices that she has made. I feel for you and know that it will be hard to not do anything. You are not a bad person for not letting her walk all over you, and no one would think less of you, but i think she is too the point that she feels entitled for your help and will always feel entitled until she is told otherwise.

I wish you luck in what ever you decide to do.

Maybe we can get her together with my husband's sister and lock them up together, far away from us. They'd make a lovely pair. Terri is about 35, 4 kids and 4 ex-husbands, and her current boyfriend is moving in with her soon along with his two kids into our grandpa's old house (FIL owns it now) that she essentially is not paying rent on because she can't afford it. Oh, and did I mention that since she met this man she spends more time drinking and smoking pot with him than with her kids, including leaving them alone all weekend with empty cupboards and no money for food. They had to call Grandma for food. Yeah... my MIL nearly called Social Services on her for that one. Pretty much if she does it again we're going to take the kids away and she knows it.

Anyway, from dealing with someone with the same sense of entitlement (she's the oldest and thinks her younger brothers have been taking all her parents' money she was supposed to get... funny cause James paid his own way through college), terrible choice in men, and the need to make lots of babies she can't afford and doesn't want. Cut her off. She's an adult, she's not your responsibility any more and she obviously needs to learn to take care of herself on her own. Whether or not that actually happens... well do everything you can to keep track of the kids especially with the abusive boyfriend and call Social Services if you need to.

And on that note, let me go make sure my basement room is ready for when my non-drinking, non-drug using, generally well behaved 17 year old nephew gets kicked out of the house... we're guessing this summer. We've even heard talk that his mom's boyfriend is going to wait to move his kids in until Patrick is officially kicked out. Lovely.

If you ever need someone to commiserate with I'm here.

I think the others have got it spot on Zin my parents have always been like you and your husband have and its great to know you have that type of support. But it can be easy to take advantage of. SOme kids just never realise they have grown up. (my brother comes into that category ! much as I love him and he is 16 years older than me!)

I think you have done what you can I think its really up to her to come to you now. You are a lot calmer than I would be in your situation!

She knows you don't or wouldn't approve so she's just hiding it to save herself from the argument. Avoidance, denial....

She's a big girl, let her deal with it. If you find they aren't taking care of the kids or he's abusing her or something - then step in..... otherwise.... she's on her own.

I agree whole-heartedly with Luvmyzoocrew. It's not like you cannot be there for her to support her, just don't do it financially anymore. Growing up is paying bills on time and providing for the family you make. Offer to babysit for the timeswhen shehas to work at her job, or help provide spiritual support (even though she will laugh at you), or just be there to listen to her. But cut the money off because she sounds irresponsible and unable to manage funds in the first place.

naturestee wrote:
And on that note, let me go make sure my basement room is ready for when my non-drinking, non-drug using, generally well behaved 17 year old nephew gets kicked out of the house... we're guessing this summer. We've even heard talk that his mom's boyfriend is going to wait to move his kids in until Patrick is officially kicked out. Lovely.

Or take this sweet young man in. I met him once, or twice. Nice looking young man with beautiful red hair :p. Naturestee, how could anyone kick that kid out of all kids. I really don't care for the people who send kids packing when they graduate or turn 18. I have heard of other good kids saying that, and it breaks my heart that those parents don't want to take part in their child's adult life. They are always your babies no matter how old they get. It's all about respect...

myheart

She's a beautiful girl, she could have had such a good life ahead of her, without depending on social services for help supporting her. We would have afforded her every luxury and opportunity the boys have and will have, she just chose to be a jackass.

I did get a snippet of info from somebody else today, and I have pretty much been laying in bed being miserable over it..

His name is gonna be Brendan Cole..

I just wanna slap her..

I am gonna go shower, spangle, spackle and shellac, and swing back by there before we go out for our anniversary..

What's wrong with Brendon Cole? It's not my choice of names... but why do you want to slap her over that? :huh

I'd want to slap her over so many other things! also..... I love your other grandbaby.... so...... just enjoy that part.

Is it your anniversary? Congrats!

Don't forget the tar and feathers!

Myheart, Patrick already knows he's welcome here and sleeps overnight a lot on weekends. He misses Luna because she was in "his" room and he's never been allowed to have pets before. The house they're moving in to is on the family farm so he'll just be avoiding his mom by doing more (paid) work, LOL. I think his mom thinks he's old enough to go on his own because she was only 17 when she left home, hooked up with a physically abusive drunken con artist, and started making babies. Either that or she wants him to go into the Army as a grunt and go to Iraq, she thinks that's his only use.

*thread hijack over*:cool:

GoinBackToCali wrote:
...she just chose to be a jackass.

Isn't that the point?She chosecertain things to happen in her life and to behave a certain way.It is the chip on her shoulder and her problem. The day she is willing to get over what ever is bothering her, is the day she will be able to move on and look back only to say, "What was my problem and why did I miss so many opportunities to have a great life?" It is good to forgive, but not be used as a financial source. Maybe she needs help to get to the root of her problems.

myheart

It's not the name Bo.. it's the fact that she obviously put thought in it.. and to me, the only thought she puts in us, is what fundage she can get out of us..

Makes me feel used, makes me feel bad for her daddy and his long face... and therefore, makes me want to slap her.

I know how you feel. I see it from my dad's side of the family. All drug addits and drinkers.

My cousin who is my age now is just like her. She hid her pregnancies 3 times. The last 3 of her 4. She said she miscarried but had the kid, etc etc. She is the oldest like her and she gets like that.

Well her youngest has a disease called Treachers Collins Disease all caused from drugs and booze. She is still living with her mother with the 4 o fher kids also her sister is having her 2nd child and still is living with them.

They walked all over my aunt. She keeps going back to them, opening her arms, etc and now she is stuck with 2 suicidal kids with 6 yunguns. Sad isnt it. You need to not go to her. She needs to come to you. It is going to be hard, believe me a mother does not want to leave their kids behind of any way. But the way she is, she is going to walk all over you guys if you keep going back to help her.

I would change all the locks to the storage and everything. If she needs to get into your house or storage, she needs to call you so you guys can be there when she comes.

I do hope one day she will realize that you guys have been trying to help them, be there for her and all. Just step back. YOu do not need another delimma in your life at the moment.

Ungrateful, selfish, self centered, self servingpeople really get to me. I sympathize. (I think every family has at least one! I have a brother that is in and out of prison, left his wife and kids and family 20 years ago and never looked back. He doesn't even know I have 2 kids! That's 19 years of estrangement. Oh yeah, and he told a shrink that it was all my fault!)

She isn't going to realize what she's got til it's gone. You don't have to abandon her... you can be there, you just don't have to pay for it.

Latest posts

Back