i am so annoyed at my vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if the yellow medicine does the trick, then it can't be all that bad :cool:

I know her matted fur must be very frustrating. But better a slighty-stained rabbit than a sick one, don't you think?

i have to agree that a slightly stained bun ismuch much better than a sick one. even if you do go the homeopathicroute, what's to say you wont be given something else thatstains? she's white..so i'd imagine most remedies will stainher :(

Hi Varna,

Did you try to clean her up and try all the remedies we posted.

Maybe the vet can give you some advice on how to clean her.

~Jim

I'm not sure about homeopathic remediesfor rabbits. I am thinking of looking into it though. I've been ill foralmost 2 months now. I have taken a ton of different meds and spent asmall fortune. Two of the simplest and cheapest things are finallyseeing me on the mend.

It has made me take a look at a more natural, easier approach.I have noticed that peppermint has a calming effect on Apollo andmyself. So it's definitely something to think about.

As for Lucy being stained, here's an idea. pour half of a cupof peroxide and half a cup of water in a bowl. Clean her up with a washcloth dipped in the peroxide water. Wipe down the stainsreally good. Then dry her. Usually once is enough. If it still looksyellow you can do it again the next day.

Tina

Varna,

When you do try to clean her, just try a spot first to see if it works.

We used Q-tips soaked with whatever and then just tried it in one area so we did not have to stress the bun too much.

warm soapy water

50/50 solution of peroxide and water

lemon juice ( citrus is a natural degreaser)

Vinegar & baking powder paste

I know how you feel- stains on a white bun arenever fun. One of my show rabbits has stained fur- I have triedeverything under the sun to get it out. I guess I will just have towait until he molts, LOL. But like everyone said, I think a stainedrabbit is better than a sick rabbit. ;)

~Nichole

I never really thought about the stains on them. I bet that is annoying to have your white rabbits get those! :?

I guess like everyone else has said, I would be willing to deal withthe stain for Lucy's health. However, can you tell me wherethe stains are? is it on her face? If it's on her body, maybeyou could wrap her in a towel while giving her the meds?

I hope it all cleans up for you.

Can I ask? Was the medicineAlbon??? That's a yellow one and boy does it stain, but boydoes it do the trick!!! If that's the med. it is just sticky,so you should be able to get it off. I guess it reallydoesn't stain, it sticks. LOL

I can sympatize with the stains. Orion has a stained nose andchin area from eating pumpkin -- he just smashes his face init!! I've found that baby wipes do a good cleaning job.

Jen

Oh no! I bet pumpkin is horrible on white rabbits also!

I am so thankful Lexi picked a castor! :shock:It would drive me bonkers trying to keep the white ones clean!

Latest posts

Back