I am so angry!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From your first post... I did not get any feeling of "feeder" or "training" uses for the buns...

My first impression was SCAM.

I've received several of these type of emails over the years and it's always the same technique. They harass you by playing dumb, repeating themselves over and over... and it's just to stress you out to the point of saying "whatever, I give up, it's yours"... but they really don't want it and will give you more round abouts on "check is in the mail" or "what address" - then it's noted down and passed out to other scammers with a note saying something like "easy catch" to which you will get even more scammers with the same technique. AND they'll even harass you when you've got nothing to sell!

Yeah, been there / done that - some people need lives.

Good luck, I hope they leave you alone now.

~Sunshine

I don't think it was a scam, they live locally and called me on the phone (I hung up on them - I have caller ID so I know it was a local number). I am not sure why exactly they want a rabbit so quickly, but how would I tell if it was a scam or not?

It has all the identifying points in Scams...

• In urgent need of rabbit(s)
  • lots of misspellings and short keys
  • asking the same questions over and over
  • harrassing and not taking no for an answer
Check out the following linkedpage and see if anything "sounds oddly familiar". Just note these people change their MO's, techniques, catch phrases to suit thier needs (and yours).

I aboslutely love this site... http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html

That's one way to know if you were dealing with a scammer. ;)

~Sunshine

If I were selling rabbits, and someone emailed me with lots of errors I'd just delete it. If someone can't take the time to write half decent and make it readable, then they don't sound like a good owner to me!Or it could bea scam, or some kid wanting a rabbit and not telling mommy first.:?

Just my :twocents!

So glad your keeping the two! :D

Hehehe, maherwoman, BunBun's definetly a little boy! He's already getting hormonal and he's only 9 weeks old. He thinks I'm his girl bunny and circles me constantly.

It wasn't so much the emails from the person that were badly spelt, it was the texting on the phone. And of course I wouldn't sell a rabbit to someone like that :), in fact I wont ever be selling a rabbit again so shouldn't be a problem.

Latest posts

Back