I am new and have a sick bunner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marykh

Reaction score
Last week my female bunn was holding her headslightly sideways and other than that, seemed ok. Now I foundher in her burrow contorted in a sideways ball with head morepronounced in the contorted position and eyes having a lot ofmucous. One was crusted shut so I gently moistened and got itcleared only to find it red on the inside of the lids. Sheate apple and green leaf lettuce and drank waterfrom asyringe with enthusiasm. Does anyone have any idea what couldbe going on? I must take her to the vet tomorrow, but anyinsight would be appreciated.

I thought you were taking her to a vet?

Snuggy's Mom is right, head tilt is very, very dangerous.There are several members here who have nursed their rabbits throughit, but they all got their rabbits to good vets quickly.

If you absolutely, positively can not get your rabbit to a vet, do youknow any experienced breeders? Some good breeders treat theirrabbits themselves when they can, usually because they don't have agood rabbit vet to go to. Some of them are very good atcaring for ill rabbits. But not all are, so you do have tofind someone that is actually knowledgeable.

This is one of the articles listed in the Rabbit Health References linkI gave you (did you read through that? You reallyshould). This at-home treatment has been used with goodsuccess, however I do not recommend that you do this without vetor experienced breeder help. You could easily harm yourrabbit, and you really do need an expert. Especially sincesome of the treatments include injections, which you should not givewithout being trained.
http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/ecuniculi.htm

What area do you live in? Maybe we can help you find somebody.

I would agree with seeing a vet.

Yup. One was caught so early because I knew the signs. The other is still going strong.:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back