I am curious about the possibility of owning ferrets and rabbits in the same house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this and as an owner of both thought I would chime in my experiences. I have multiple ferrets and they are super fun pets! Yes, they absolutely are a lot of work, they can be very costly as they age because they can develop MANY medical problems, they can get themselves into trouble and they can be messy, but if you are willing and prepared for the commitment, they are a great pet. Ours eat dry kibble predominately, but they are also fed a chicken based paste, often reffered to "soupies" by ferret people, twice a day, however they can be fed raw if you are willing to do it properly. My ferrets live in their own bedroom where they have their own playland with their cages and playpens, and I have never had a problem. My rabbits live on a different floor of the house, and they never interact besides an occasional meet and greet through a carrier, and still there has never been an issue however, I also have cats, dogs and a rat so my buns are used to different sights and sounds. Would I let them interact with a barrier? Probably not, because I never allow my buns to interact with any of my other pets not matter how good they are with the buns, without one just to be safe, but you can absolutely have them in the same house, as long as you have both properly contained and take every precaution to keep everyone safe.

Back