I adopted my rabbit today!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afromation

Reaction score
Hi all!

I finally adopted my rabbit today! He's an all-black 10 month old Dutch Mix named Harley (I wanted to rename him Noir but I don't know if he's too old for a name change)

He's been pretty nervous today (at least I think so. He's been shaking). I finally got him to nibble on a few pieces of hay (Kaytee Timothy). I'm hoping he'll come around soon because I really want to make sure he's eating his pellets (Kaytee Forti-Diet) and drinking enough water.

I let my cats see him. My oldest, Ms. Lady, whom I was worried most about seems unfazed by him. She went up to him to see why he wouldn't react to her and then she left him alone. My other cat, Onyx, saw the carrier Harley was in shaking and has been hiding in the basement ever since (He's sucha scatedy-cat lol)

I hope to have some pics up soon (if he'll come from under the step ladder in his cage). I'll also post pics in the cage thread. I had to settle for a blue NIC cage since I went to Target on the last day of the sale and the white was sold out. I'll also be reinforcing with zip ties which I really didn't want to do but I'm having the darndest time keeping all the grids snapped together.

That's all for now!!!

afromation

I have a quick question. Harley/ Noirdoesn't seem to be drinking from the waterbottle I'm using (a little Hartz cage bottle). I'm waiting for target to restock the 32oz Kaytee bottle that I really wanted). Is this normal? I squeezed it so a little water would come out and he drank the little puddle from the cage floor and then tried the bottle again but I'm not sure if he's getting the hang of it. Should I just give it time?

Hi, I can hardly wait to see pictures.

We have 4 Bunnies none of them use the water bottles. We use very heavy crocks for them, otherwise they may tip them over. Have you tried using one, maybe Harley/Noir is used to using them.

Soooska:apollo:

I found bottles to be unreliable & stopped using them early in my bun career. It's also easier for the bun to get plenty of water from a crock. I use the nice heavy 6" stoneware crocks for food & water. For water i fill from about 1" from the top to reduce spillage.

Holly uses her water bottle pretty frequently, where we got her she did have a water bottle with her so she was probably used to one.

Latest posts

Back