Hutch stores in the us?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2snowbunnies

Reaction score
I have been searching for a hutch for Ball andFlake. When I find something I like they are always in theUK.
They are beautiful and look like log cabins. I love them. But I can't find them in the US:?

Does anyone know where I can find a hutch like that in the US?

I'm not from the US but I've heard the othermembers talk about how they can never find good hutches there. Maybeyou could get somebody to make one for you? Or make it yourself?Or...though it would probably cost an awful lot..get a flatpacked oneshipped from here?

Sorry I can't give anymore advice.:?

Unfortunately the hutches available in Canadaand the US are crap and not worth the money. They are far too small andnot built for our weather. I never advise buying one and I can't say Iknow of anyone that sells decent hutches here. I've built 3 hutches onmy own and finally perfected the design that works not only for myspecific climate but also for my specifications. I do realise that noteveryone is that handy with their hands and may not be able to buildtheir own but maybe you could find someone who could look at a pictureof a design you like and build one like that? I know of a guy in mytown that builds very nice quality stuff if you ask him too and it'snot any more expensive then the stores.

Yes I believe it.
My Hubby is very handy and offered to build me one. the thing is he would need plans.
And I can't find very detailed plans anyhwere.

I would love to know what dimesions you feel are adepquate for 2 New Zealands.

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Unfortunately thehutches available in Canada and the US are crap and not worth themoney. They are far too small and not built for our weather. I neveradvise buying one and I can't say I know of anyone that sells decenthutches here. I've built 3 hutches on my own and finally perfected thedesign that works not only for my specific climate but also for myspecifications. I do realise that not everyone is that handy with theirhands and may not be able to build their own but maybe you could findsomeone who could look at a picture of a design you like and build onelike that? I know of a guy in my town that builds very nice qualitystuff if you ask him too and it's not any more expensive then thestores.

If you live in a rural area, check the localfarmers' exchange, feed and grain or 'elevator'.I've seen some large, cedar hutches at our local farmers' exchange.

If not, try googling rabbit hutch plans. I found a fewdetailed plans that way several years ago. Can't remember thesites after all this time. You can also check your local 4-Hor the county// stateagricultural extension. Mosthave web sites and you can always e-mail and ask. I've gottenall sorts of info simply by asking - things like creating a barn owlhabitat. Their services are free.

Latest posts

Back