Hutch/Run Flooring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
Hi! I'm currently trying to work on my rabbit's hutch/run and was wondering what flooring I should use? These are the plans I'm using! It is 13' long 5' wide. Another quick question...How do I keep the rain out? I am going to do a metal roof, will that work.
upload_2019-9-1_16-21-33.png

Best way to protect from rain it’s to make the roof go a bit out from the hutch on all sides. But you will still get water in when it blows outside :3

Thanks for the respond!
So, I have been reading about the floor and everything is saying stone pavers work. I don't think I have the money for that right now. Is there a cheaper option?

I use treated wood and stapel on a water proofed paper. Then I have wood shavings on the hutch floor. But you can also use plastic floor. You know plastic boxes you use as storage under the bed ^^

For flooring options, that depends on where the hutch is going. Is this hutch going to be on dirt/grass or on a concrete patio, on legs, or on something else?

So it is a hutch attached to a run. It is going to be outside on grass/dirt and I don't want him to dig out or anything to dig in (I should of mentioned this before). It will be slightly crooked because of a slight hill. I was not going to put the post in the ground and just use concrete pavers for the floor of the hutch and run.

Another quick question: We have a lot of bricks, could I use those for the floor?

A few photo would help me to understand your situation better :)

Latest posts

Back