Hutch big enough?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405404311.555449.jpg

I am getting 2 holland lops and I got this hutch and I put it together, and I was hoping it would be big enough. My daughter can crawl in through the bottom door and actually fit inside the bottom part of the hutch (she is 7) I am sure there is plenty of room, but I just want to be safe. Thanks!

It's hard to judge size from a photo without knowing measurements. The size looks ok, but that ramp at the back is very, very steep. You may end up needing to remove it and put a step there instead (a simple plastic/cardboard/wooden box or something)

:big wink::big wink::big wink::big wink::big wink::big wink::big wink::big wink::big wink:Hi I have seen hutches like this on Ebay and it should be ok. Ramps however can take up a fair bit of space. A rabbit hutch should be at least 120 cm long, 65 cm high and 90cm wide. Make sure your bunny's get lot's of out of hutch playtime.

It does have little slats between the shingles for footing

Even with slats it's likely they'll still have trouble getting down simply because rabbit hind ends bounce up as they hop forward, so going down a ramp or even hills in the wild that are steep, they can end up toppling over. Your bunnies may be fine with though, will be one of the things you will have to wait and see.

Are they bonded already? I would definitely have a backup plan in case they start fighting

Latest posts

Back