Hurt my wrist...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crisi1987

Reaction score
I feel stupid... haha... i have no clue whathappened, the other night while i was sleeping i could feel that mywrist hurt really badly when i moved it around. its been hurting for 2days now. it hurts so badly. it hurts to bend it backwards, forwards,in a circular motion, and even to move my fingers and put any pressureon it. i cant actually go to the doctor to have it checked out becausei dont have any health insurance right now. has anyone had problemswith their wrists? the wrist that hurts is my left one, i actuallybroke it about 7 years ago. i doubt its broken, cause im still typingwith both my hands, it hurts but not so bad that i cant type.

i wish i could figure out how i hurt it. i know that night it startedhurting i was having a terrible dream where i found out my boyfriendwas cheating on me with his ex gf who is my best friend.. and i kind of"beat her up"... in my dream though. maybe i hurt my wrist in my dreamlol. but on a serious note, i guess im just looking for advice on whati should do with it. its not very swollen, but when i bend it backwardsi see 2 round things that kind of poke out of my wrist.. now out of myskin or anything. i did this on my other wrist and i didnt see thatthere so i got worried about it.

the smart thing would be for me to go to the hospital, but i reallycant afford that. ive been going to the hospital for a year now becauseof a bad car accident i was in last november and each of my bills wereat least 400 dollars.

also... it doesnt seem swollen at all, and ive been looking up thingsabout wrist pain, but i found things about tendon problems, sprains,things like that. but to me all the symptoms for each problem are thesame so i cant figure it out. im lookin for help here because mygrandfather doesnt take it serious. he has so many health problems thatanything thats wrong with me, he yells at me about. so i havent eventold him my wrist hurts. all ill hear from him is "quit lying, justcause you want attention, i have more problems than you, quit being ababy, blah blah blah"

I f you have no health insurance you couldprobably go to a county hospital which would be unpleasant but (as faras I know is for those who can't afford health care). I used to live inChicago and know that there are very long waits at county hospitalswith unpleasant people to deal with ,however, once you make it throughthe beauracratic stuff you can sometimes receive fine care. There issome thing wrong with your wrist. I'm sure you need x-rays and I doubtwhether you can treat it yourself. Start looking around for agenciesthat maybe to be able to help you or look for county hospitals in yourarea. Also you may be able to try a wrist splint that you could get atWalgreen's ..its the kind for sports injuries or carpal tunnelsyndrome. Its even possible that you have develloped arthritis from youprevious injuries. Let us know but try to get some help for it. Goodluck

humm...this is a really far stretch...buta few years ago my hand started to hurt and i figured it was just causei was typing alot...well itstarted to hurtmore andmore ...One day I woke up and it was so swollen my fingers were closedshut and I couldn't more them really...I went to the doctor and stuffand they did a few tests on me and I ended up having arthritis...sinceyou hurt it, it is possibly that could be it...alot of athletes getarthritis from injuries......but it much more likely you just hurt itwhile sleeping....

if i happens to be a tendon thing they would tell you to lay off thetyping and other things like that probably....maybe just kinda take iteasy on the wrist for a few days.....but im not a doctor, so im justguessing from my experience..

I had something very similar happening. Theydeteremined it was just tenderness from over use. Not surewhat b/c i dont do a lot of typing or anything like that. They had metaking ibuprofen. I was taking 800 mg 3 times a day. They said it wassafe if you didn't exceed 2400 mg in 24 hrs. Just thought I'd throughit out there. I also was on a prescription, but i didnt take themtogether.

That sounds bad :(, I don't have any advice butwanted to pass on my sympathy. Do you not have local GP's there(general practioners)? I have never been to a hospital for anythinglike that before, only for surgery.

God Bless the UK's health service! It may be long waits, it may be horrible old hospitals but at least our GP's are free!

I can't really help, but i thought you might be interested in the factthat i had a terrible dream last night and woke up with the stiffestneck possible. Maybe you hit it on something when you were "beating up"your best friend, i've done that before. I was having a dream aboutgoing to a hairdressers and and them cutting my hair all wrong and wheni woke up i'd cut off my whole fringe down to the scalp. Myabe youpunched something or whacked your wrist?

thanks everyone for replying.

i cant go to the walk in clinics because i tried last year and thereceptionist told me they dont accept anyone without health insurance.im just going to save up money for it, because im guessing anappointment for xrays should cost around 500.. im not sure but thatshow much it cost when i had to get xrays on my back last year.

i thought i hit my wrist on the wall during my sleep or something, butim a light sleeper and i would have woken up from it, not only that butmy dogs go crazy and start barking frantically whenever they hear asound. so i probably would have woken up from hearing them bark.

a lot of people who ive talked to and told them whats wrong say itcould be arthritis or carpal tunnel. i hope not though, my grandma hadcarpal tunnel and went through a lot of painful surgeries because ofit.

anyways... i went to the grocery store and got things to wrap my armup. its been doing really good. no swelling or bruising at all. and isoaked it in heat yesterday and woke up with it feeling much better.now it only hurts when i bend it backwards instead of hurting when ibend it in any way. i always have doubts going to the doctors officethought. its weird but, when i broke my wrist in 5th or 6th grade (icant even remember when) it was from cheerleading and i was dropped offthe pyramid routine we were doing and fell on it, a guy came and lookedat my arm. he was the dad of a classmate, and he was a doctor. he toldme my arm was fine and that it was probably just bruised.

i went to the hospital and found out it was broken, and the next weekwhen i went to school i found out his son was telling everyone i wasriding my bike around and fell and broke it. kind of makes me mad causeit was in the middle of winter with tons of snow, so why would i beriding a bike... i think his dad was just upset cause he was wrong.

i was thinking too that maybe i slept on my arm wrong. i cant rememberhow i was laying, because i roll over so much while im sleeping. maybemy muscles in my arm were just really sore.. even though i hadnt doneanything before then to cause them to be sore.

Back