hurrican katrina,,,, my dad is stranded in gulfport mississippi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brimmhere

Reaction score
i finally got a text messege last nitearound 2am from my dad. he lives in gulfport and is strandedin his home along with 5 other families now. they have nofood or water and no way out. in the text mess. hewrote.

things are terrible, death toll rising, im ok but here with 5 other families no food no water.

ive emailed cnn, ive called red cross, fema, and even emailedthe coast guard to tell them hey this is where they are just in casethey havent searched that area. ive been trying tocall his cell number with just getting a busy signal or all lines busymessege. so im thankful the text went through.

does anyone know of where else we can go to report where they are and that they need help?

i know its absolutly terrible down there and so many people areneeding help. but just to get the word to someone that hey there arethese families still stranded

May try your senator's office or the senator for down there? That's the best I can think of....sorry...

Peg

Oh no! I hope that he is rescued soon. It sure is a mess down there.

I have no suggestions, but I will keep your Dadin my prayers. It's nerve wracking knowing someone isn'tsafe. (My parents are 2 blocks off the Gulf in Alabama... Iunderstand your concern.) I'm glad the TM got through...we're still worried about a friend in New Orleans... no word since lastSunday... My heart goes out to all those people.

Wow! I'm so glad he got a text message to you soyou know where he is. I hope the authorities can get him out based onthe information you can get to them. I would call Fox News. I wouldcall CNN. I would call any local news stations. Make it a big deal sothey are sure to rescue him and the other families. The squeaky wheelgets the oil. so

SQUEAK!!!!

My thoughts are with you .. as indeed they arewith all affected ... when you hear from someone first hand like thisthough, it really brings it home ...?? Please keep us all informed.

?

Shame Mr. Bush didnt get his *** into gear earlier ..??? :mad:

It's awful that he's trapped down there, but at least you know he's alive. That's so much more than many others have.

I agree with what a lot of other people have said- raise a bigstink! Make sure everyone and anyone involved in rescueefforts in that area knows exactly where he is and what the situationis down there. Call as many people as you can and tell themthat those people need out now!

I'll be thinking of you and your family.

:pray:

God Bless, Brimmhere! :pray:

I'm so sorry. I will pray very hard; definitely keep those phone linesringing to every one you can until they get him out of there.

Good Lord. I will be thinking and praying for you and yours. My heartgoes out to your father, the people that are with him in the samesituation, and all the families. Please keep us updated.

:pray: :rose: :pray:

-Carolyn

update!!!

me and my mom where packed and ready to head out to go down today when i got a text messege.

water just got turned back on today and there is alady in the neighbor hood thats been letting everyone there use herphone. thats how he was able to contact me by text.he said things are bad but he knows others had it much worse.he said for us not to come down, as they are having problems with menraping women down there who are traveling by themselves. theyhave a curfew set up from 8pm to like 8am anyone caught out after thatis being arrested. as that is when most of the looters are out breakinginto places. and alot of them have weapons. he said its avery scary time down there right now but not to worry he would do whathe could to keep in contact. its still nerve racking but iknow that he is alive and so far ok. i will keep everyoneposted!

Oh that is good to hear! I'm glad you heard fromhim again. It's good that his water is back on. I'm sure they arerelieved about that. Hopefully everything else will be up and runningfor them soon. Thank you for keeping us posted.

rabbitgirl wrote:
what an incredible mess.....words are insufficient, but prayers for you all.

Rose

Amen.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Back