Humping?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana_The_Dreamer

Reaction score
So, lately Nessa has been a bit obsessed with.. *awkward cough* humping the stuffed polar bear in her cage. And I don't mean a mild little session, I'm talking every time I turn around she's going at it with that poor bear. :embarrassed:
She's never been much of a... humpy... rabbit so I assume this is just hormones?
I'm not too familiar with this type of behavior so hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.
When she decides to ravish the polar bear: she circles it, makes loud honking noises, then loudly thumps her feet multiple times. I've also noticed a very nasty musk smell filling the air when she goes all humpty dumpty.
She doesn't hump anything else but that bear and she isn't really exhibiting any other hormonal behaviors.
I just find it strange that she's doing this so often? Or is that a normal thing?
Bunnies. I swear. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The humpty bear! This is exactly what Barry did. Jovi humped too before her spay, but my son never mentioned the foul odor. Does it smell like a skunk? This is what Barry smells like. Are you 100% sure that Nessa is a girl? I never really witnessed Jovi doing this. Apparently that was between she and my son, but Barry...oh my, he and that bear had a thing!

LOL! My son did see the humor and was actually a little disappointed that the she didn't love him like that anymore after her spay. In the week since Barry's been neutered, he hasn't once been on his bear or me. There was a little humming and circling around day 3 post surgery, but otherwise he's simmering down quite nicely. And the ring of poop markings around his litterbox have stopped! Also I can scoop his tray now and he hardly takes notice. Last week he would jump in the air and spray me if he caught me messing around in it.

Are you 100% sure that Nessa is a girl?
The breeder sexed her for me when I first adopted her and I've managed to double check myself, so no boy parts. :p It doesn't smell like a skunk but more like a musky version of her urine smell. Maybe a bit sour too?
Thanks Nancy McClelland and Channahs; glad to know my girl doesn't just have a fetish... ;)

Last edited:
Back