Humping??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrianah

Elon's mother
Reaction score
I have an 8 month old neatherland (mr. Elon) dwarf and we just got a 3 month old lion head (mrs. Furry) . On the first day Elon was attacking her but he got spray in the face (by me, with water) and he stopped. They slept in separate cages, the next day on a neutral territory he started humping her, she didn't wanted to and they struggled but they where not fighting anymore, it has been a week, they eat, play and sleep together and groom each other they don't fight at all, but Elon is always trying to hump her, she wants to go around and play and smell and chin but he is just going over and over after her trying to hump her. What is going on? Is it because she isn't spayed? he is. Would it stop? Should I intervene?
( more than Hurt her it seems to annoy her )

Humping is used to establish dominance. Elon is trying to tell her that he's the boss around here. Let him hump her for a bit then gently push him off so he doesn't annoy her too much. As she reaches maturity, the chances that she will turn around and fight back and even try humping him will get much higher, so be sure to watch out for that and get her spayed asap.

Latest posts

Back