Humping and litter training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shananagrams

Reaction score
Alas, I it'll am puzzled over penny's sex. I have relentlessly checked everywhere. Compared her to my female bun etc, etc. she has a vets appointment in two weeks so I will know then,

In the time being, she/humps EVERYTHING.

My leg, stuffed animals, pillows, pants left in her space, her mats to lay on, her cat bed. I mean mounts grips with her teeth and gets the job done for a good two hours a day.

She was litter trained in her cage with a corner box but now she is using the opposite corner, should I try a small/medium cat litter pan instead.

She is also now urinating outside of her cage and litter box at least four times to ten times a week for the past two weeks. :shame

At tips while we wait out her appointment? :carrot:panic:

It sounds like she is hormonal & needs to be neutered.

Those corner boxes are awfully small. I've never used a cage, but in Honey's 4ft-square x-pen she has a large cat litter box.

Essentially she is free range. Her cage is there for her to use if she wants. Its where her food, water and litter Are but the door is always open and she has a large bunny proofed area that is hers to roam.

I should have added that penny is about 8 years of age and is a rescue who was dumped on the side of the road, she is too old to be fixed if she is not now.

So maybe I'm asking how to teach an old bunny new tricks.

I would just put the litter box in whichever corner she wants to pee. A bigger box may help as well. Are you sure about the age? I just ask because I have a rabbit that I had to get spayed that's 7 yrs., because of the possibliity of uterine cancer. It is a bigger risk at that age, but it can be done if it needs to be.

Does Penny seem to be doing well and putting on weight now?

She is slowly putting on weight from when I rescued her. She has no digestive issues so that's a plus.

I will/can ask the vet about spay/neuter, allegedly she is spayed according to the vet who tends to petco Animals in my area (I work there and saved her from there where someone who found her on the road dropped her off)

However, I was not there at the appointment it was my manager, I'd like to have another opinion on that because I am questioning how they sexed her as well. Now that the holidays are over my budget allows her first visit to the vet in two weeks.

She's such a sweetheart, she has just been so destructive as of late!

Latest posts

Back