Humma jumped into Faith's area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ape337

April
Reaction score
So last night we heard a crash and a scuffle. Ran into the bunny room and found Humma had jumped a 30" wall into Faith's pen, and they were fighting like it was WWIII. Hubby jumped in and tried to get anything between them, while I grabbed a blanket that was nearby. Hubby managed to separate them and I herded Humma out of her pen. There was fur everywhere, as they were both on their sides attacking when we got in. So I tended Humma while Steve tended Faith.
Fortunately neither appears injured, both were breathless but grooming themselves. We stayed with them a long while until we were sure they were ok. I only thank god that we were home when Humma decided to scale that wall.
I can't even express how awful and guilty I feel that this happened. We had no idea he could jump that high considering there was already an identical wall in the room separating him from my plants. He never jumped that wall but I guess Faith was stronger motivation. There is also a metal trash can next to the wall so he could have jumped on it to get in but it's just as tall as the wall. I am moving the trash can also. So Humma remains locked in his cage until this evening when Steve will put extensions on the wall to increase the height I think to 44".:rollseyes:(

Wow! I'm so glad you heard the scuffle and were there to break things up! I'm also glad that both bunnies seem to be okay. Hopefully he won't be able to jump 44"!!!

I'm sure 44" inches will be enough, but to make sure you might
angle the extension inward, the way security fences are angled at the top toward the outside. It'd help most if he were climbing rather than jumping, but ....

Wow, what a leap! So glad you and your husband were there. What a scary sight it must have been. Hoping all has settled down now.

K :)

Thanks everybody. Yea, we actually increased the height to 46". I think he went over out of jealousy? Humma greets me with much enthusiasm every time I come in the room, which I love. He's usually on the 4th floor of his cage when I come in, and when I say, "come on down" he hauls butt down, lop ears flapping like a dog! Anyway, I had put a new bed in Faith's pen, then left the room, and it wasn't 10 minutes later is when the war happened. So could he have been angry or jealous that she got a new bed, and that I gave it to her? He definitely reacts when I pay attention to her....hmmm:)

Oh my, it must have been jealousy... definitely get something like the same bed for Humma! Who knows if that's the thing? Some additional roof is a good idea too.

Back