Humanity Sickens Me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsy

Reaction score
So I go to the mall with my friends.All is well until we pass one of those "professional" photographyplaces. I look and see a big banner strone across itsdoor. "Take Easter Pictures Here With LiveRabbits". I was like very angry.:mad:

So I think that is bad. :eye roll: Today I was atschool and I see a pickup pass. And then I see about 20breeder cages in the back three or four rows high and I'm like
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: Oh My God!!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
those poor babies!!!:shock2::bigtears: And theres nothing I can do.

Easter is a very sad time for rabbits. It is ashame that people want to profit on them, knowing that in a month or sothe poor things will be "old" and end up in a shelter or set free. Ireally admire breeders that wont sell during this time. It shows greatresponsibility.

I think only once have I ever had anyone ask mefor an Easter bunny, and wow! So sorry, I have nothing available! LOLSeriously, I do tend to plan my breedings so that nothing will be theright age at Easter. If you tell someone that thier adorable littlebaby bunny won't be able to go home with them until two weeks afterEaster, it cools them off pretty quick. At least the ones who aren'thonestly commmited.

I heard a commercial for that today! Ithought it was only local here in St. Paul, MN...but it's in Floridatoo and all over the US! Poor bunnies! It made meso mad when I heard that on the radio. I wouldn't besurprised if the bunnies went into shock from grubby, rude children'shands grabbing at them all day.

Easter is a sad time, especially when you work in a pet shop.Thank God Petsmart doesn't sell rabbits. I get sick enoughwhen people come in with a poor little bunny they picked up from a divepet shop, don't know anything about it, and buy a 36" cage.They don't even care to ask what breed it is when they boughtit! Ugh, it makes me so angry at humanity.

Was the photogaphy place Sadie's? If not, then there's more than one place :(

I worked there one Christmas season (long before I got my bunny too). Iwas only there until Christmas, but they told me how great the store is(it's supposed to be known for creative, different photography) andthey have live bunnies for Easter. I asked where they get them, wheredo they stay? I forget where they come from, but I think the managersaid they stay at her house. Poor bunnies, they photography mostlychildren!

(( http://sadiesonline.com/spring.php ))

There are worst things than bunnies beingphotographed. If you get rid of the Easter celebration you'llprobably get rid of the easter bunnie situation. Come tothink of it...maybe we should get rid of thanksgiving too. Somany turkeys slaughtered.

Latest posts

Back