*huge terrible pouting*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh --- not good..:(

Would hate to be his mommy - right now. You are talking about a bun right and not your husband or something? lol..

Curious why aren't buns micro-chipped? And what is the Tattoo - intials/dot.,..?

Yeah, Tony is my Palomino Buck that the kids will show in 4H. They put a tattoo in their ear to identify them for shows.

It hurt! :(

juliew19673 wrote:

Curious why aren't buns micro-chipped?

Roxie is actully micro-chipped. I think it has to do with where you got the rabbit from. The shelter we got Roxie from just happend to micro chip

They don't accept micro-chip for show rabbits I don't think.... They have to be tattooed for the fair.

That's like sheep - gotta have tags

OMG Poor Tony! I could never watch a bun be tatood (or a human for that matter). It must hurt so much!

And with regards to the microchipping, some bunnies are if they are adopted from a shelter, but there is a lot of controversy around microchipping. Personally it scares me but Im paranoid about everything ;)

It was really bad cause:

1. We thought our friend would be there to do the tattoo, but it wasn't her it was some other people.

2. I didn't know what to expect. She has a pen style, they had the clamp style.

3. They put him in a box!!! and his widdle earses were sticking out....

Now the ear is sore - I can tell. He got a new toy, lots of craisens and loves..... a big bowl of water and oat hay - his favorite....

OUCH!

Brody has a tattoo (got it when he was tiny) and I get my very first on the 31st of this month!

I'm scared :grumpy:.

Oh no, BBB! I wouldn't have wanted to be around when that happened to hear it. Don't feel bad, it had to happen for your kids to be able to show off what a handsome bunny he is! My Muffin is tattooed too and you'd never know, so he'll get over it.

LOL Amy, it's totally different from what you'll get!

and yeah, I know he'll be fine, but I hated hearing him. It's sad cause he's older and I know they had to press harder and stuff.

LOL Amy, it's totally different from what you'll get!

and yeah, I know he'll be fine, but I hated hearing him. It's sad cause he's older and I know they had to press harder and stuff.

I will! He seems pretty content this morning... he got a banana coin for breakfast! :eats:

What tattoo?! :?

I can still hear him screaming..... :cry1:

Awww Bo, I'm sorry, for you and BO! The clamp style tattoo does hurt, but it's over quick. Yeah, Bo is older, his ear is thicker and it's harder to do.

Wish I was closer... I use the pen too and I won't say it doesn't hurt, but it seems to be a lot less than the clamp.

They are very forgiving... he won't remember after a day or so. You will...

You are right, they don't accept Microchips for shows in rabbits.

JadeIcing wrote:
Add to the list of why I can't show. Which sucks cause I would like too.:grumpy:
Ditto! :shock:I'd be so freaked by hearing my bun scream, I just heard Ariella once and i don't ever want to hear it again :nerves1I'm sorry you had to do through it. Is he giving you the butt? Lol.

You mean TONY LOL! Bo is NEVER getting a tattoo and I hardly EVER say never.... LOL

My friend has the pen and I thought she was doing them last night but it was some guys I don't know. I need to go see if it took also..... if it didn't - I don't know that Tony will go to show now..... I can't make him go through that again! :(

Amazingly, Lexi said "MOM - it's like if we get a cut and we scream.... he's ok!" and I was thinking - yeah but we caused the cut and he doesn't understand and he is little so that is a bad ouchy!

BlueGiants wrote:
Awww Bo, I'm sorry, for you and BO! The clamp style tattoo does hurt, but it's over quick. Yeah, Bo is older, his ear is thicker and it's harder to do.

OH! I'm so sorry! I meant TONY! (I was typing really fast, cause I was supposed to be outside cleaning the barn this morning... so I can go to a Quadruple Show in Sturbridge, Massachusetts this weekend... he said I could go if all the chores were done... LOL! As if he'd ever do them!)

I just felt bad for Tony. The new pens tickle and vibrate and might sting a little, but I've never had a bunny make so much as a squeak while I did it. Lexi is right, I'm sure he's over it by now. Careful cleaning up the area. Don't scrub too hard over the pin marks. You can actually remove the ink from inside the tattoo, before it heals over. And that wouldn't be good for his show career.

Latest posts

Back