HUGE problem, please help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know what part of CT you are in but I use Dr. Sabellico out of Suffield Vet Hospital. She is great and is willing to listen to you. I've brought her cases she has never dealt with and she was willing to listen to what I was saying. Most of the time I can diagnose but can not get the drugs needed. Hope your bun is feeling better soon.

Sharon

thanks everyone for the help. I'm bringing him back to the vet today (dr. sim) we shall see how it goes... what she says and go from there. Thanks again, and pray for kasey :(

I would definitely try the canned pumpkin...it's an excellent source of fiber and moisture (both of which are needed to move things along).

I hope to hear good news from the vet...

Hugs to you both!

Rosie*

the vet did xrays and drew some blood, the blood test results come back tomorrow. She said from the xrays it looks like gas? and suggested i give him mylicon (for infants) and pedialyte, also a motility drug which i really dont want to give him. so we'll see how this goes now. but thanks again everyone

Yes, give the mylicon and warm a towel or blanket in the dryer or put a heating pad on low and hold him on it and just keep him warm. That's what I did when Bo had gas and it helped SO much. Plus, he's addicted to warm blankies and snuggles now! which is super nice!

Kel wrote:
thanks everyone for the help. I'm bringing him back to the vet today (dr. sim) we shall see how it goes... what she says and go from there. Thanks again, and pray for kasey :(

Kel, what happened? I lost this post. :(

How's your bunny?

The gas may also bea symptom of something else, it goes hand in hand with the stasis. Have they gotten to the bottom of it? Anything from the bloodtests? (Did they do a head xray or just the tummy?)

sas :?

Pipp wrote:
Kel wrote:

Kel, what happened? I lost this post. :(

How's your bunny?

The gas may also bea symptom of something else, it goes hand in hand with the stasis. Have they gotten to the bottom of it? Anything from the bloodtests? (Did they do a head xray or just the tummy?)

sas :?
The did a head and tummy xray, everythings fine there, except for the gas. No results on the blood tests yet, waiting for the vet to call back. Probably by monday. Not sure on the cause of the gas yet, but the mylicon seems to be working. Kasey's been eating on his own, his pellets and hay. He hasn't eaten any veggies yet. But he's very active and getting back to himself. His appetite has been increasing over the last couple of days and we're cutting back on the syringe feedings, since hes eating by himself. I just hope he continues to improve and gets back to normal. And that we figure out whats been going on!!! But thanks again! You guys have been awesome

My mini-rex has some serious food sensitivities, he gets terrible gas from cilantro and a few other things.

Have you tried changing the pellets and the hay? Sometimes they can have a bad batch. (Surprisingly common).

Or environmental -he's chewing on something that's upsetting him?

I think it's going to take some experimenting. But interesting that he'sbetter when at the vet's and eating Critical Care.

Good luck and keep in touch!

sas:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back